+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring from the UAE but pakistan citizen

annieaz

Apr 5, 2016
Hello,

This might be a confusing post but I have many questions that are unanswered and not many people have been able to help and guide me in the right direction.

My husband and I met in December 2014 at my brothers wedding in Pakistan, the first time I ever went to Pakistan. We got married on December 28 2015 exactly 1 year after. My husband was married for 13 years and divorced his wife in 2012. We got married against my parent's will and therefore didn't have a ceremony or any pics. They have accepted our relationship now though. We just had a court marriage which I have pics and a video from. So I don't have much proof of our marriage in that matter. I have visited him in Pakistan many times which i have stamps for in my passport. We have a 4 month old daughter now. We had her through an ivf procedure which cost us a fortune and i guess i can use reciepts and reports to prove that we spent so much to have a baby and we aren't faking our relationship for the sake of citizenship. I have been living in the United Arab Emirates for the past 2 years and this is our third year. I am a school teacher and my husband has his residency visa in the UAE because I sponsored him as my husband. He has never worked in the UAE and he doesn't have any assets or bank accounts or savings.

Now my questions are can I sponsor him to Canada from the uae?
How will I prove to immigration that we are a real couple and not faking our marriage?
What additional documents must I submit to prove our marriage other than the marriage certificate?
Basically, what must I do to secure an approved sponsor so I can move back to Canada with my family?

Please guide me in any way you can. I would like to get started on the sponsorship application package asap. I cannot stay here any longer I believe 3 years are enough in the desert :(.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you are a Canadian citizen, you can apply to sponsor him while you are still in the UAE. If you are a PR of Canada, you must be back in Canada to sponsor him, and stay in Canada for the duration of the processing (though short trips are fine).

You will have to show proof of your communication with your husband, before and after marriage, such as emails, phone bills, text messages, etc. You should include photos from the length of your relationship. The proof of the IVF is very good. Since you are living with him, show proof of that.

Since your wedding was not traditional, you should explain why. Try to get a letter from your parents stating that they now approve of your marriage.

annieaz

Apr 5, 2016
Thank you for replying,
I am a Canadian citizen so I will be able to stay in the UAE with him for the duration of the process.

Another question I have is regarding the annual income. In the application I believe it said I have to be earning and show that I can support my husband after he moves to Canada, so for that Can I show my salary from my job in the UAE? I do pay taxes in Canada still even though I'm working abroad

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, you can show your income in the UAE. You are supposed to submit proof of your job and earnings with the application, and also the latest notice of assessment from Canada Revenue.