+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Fiancée

Sep 21, 2021
Hi Everyone
I am currently a convention refugee and my fiancee is back home. Due to some issues and covid restrictions we can not get married in a third country neither i can go back home. Is there any possible way where i we can get married and bring her to Canada?

miguelca

May 6, 2021
She can try to get a TRV, and once here, you can get marry in Canada.
IRCC will not accept marriages where both parties are not physically present.

Sep 21, 2021
She can try to get a TRV, and once here, you can get marry in Canada.
IRCC will not accept marriages where both parties are not physically present.
Thanks for your prompt reply
On what basis i can apply trv for her. Will my convention refugee status effect her application?

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Hi Everyone
I am currently a convention refugee and my fiancee is back home. Due to some issues and covid restrictions we can not get married in a third country neither i can go back home. Is there any possible way where i we can get married and bring her to Canada?
What are the issues that you can't get married in a third country? That is the only option you have if you can't go home. Thats exactly what I did.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Can you please let me know which country you went to and how was the process?
I went to Ghana. I will advise you go to a country you have a friend so as to help register your intention and pay the fee. You and your fiancee can meet there and tidy it up. You only need two witness which you can easily get from the hall that day just to sign the certificate.

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
I went to Ghana. I will advise you go to a country you have a friend so as to help register your intention and pay the fee. You and your fiancee can meet there and tidy it up. You only need two witness which you can easily get from the hall that day just to sign the certificate.
I have a question,if we can not get married,can I bring my fiancé to Canada as a partner?