+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Father in law and brother in law

ravs

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Hi Guys

I am actually sponsoring my father in law for permanent residency.
My father in laws son(my brother in law) is aged 20 but not 21.

I wanted to know how do i sponsor him bcos he is my father in laws dependant.

N what forms do i fill for both of them.

Also i wanted to know is it important to have pay stubs for last 12 mths.

I was on EI for last 5 months and i have a permanent job since last month with a very good pay.

Can i sponsor them.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to sponsor the person you are related to by blood so your spouse needs to sponsor their dad and they can include you as a cosigner if they alone do not qualify for LICO but parental sponsorship takes upwards of 7+ years

you cannot sponsor your father in law but your spouse can sponsor their father

these are the forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/family.asp

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Surely you mean you are co-signing your wife's application to sponsor her father and brother? If that is the case, and your income is supplementing hers to meet the LICO, then yes, you need the past 12 months information. Include a copy of your new employment contract, or get a letter from your employer showing your current annual salary.

Yes, she has to include her brother if he is under 22 and still dependent on her father (not married or in a common-law relationship).

The forms are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-how.asp

ravs

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Thanks Charlie for that information...

So do i have to feel different forms for my father in law and brother in law

CharlieD10 said:
Surely you mean you are co-signing your wife's application to sponsor her father and brother? If that is the case, and your income is supplementing hers to meet the LICO, then yes, you need the past 12 months information. Include a copy of your new employment contract, or get a letter from your employer showing your current annual salary.

Yes, she has to include her brother if he is under 22 and still dependent on her father (not married or in a common-law relationship).

The forms are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-how.asp

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
No, your brother-in-law comes under your father-in-law as a dependent, so the father is the principal applicant, and then the father fills out the applicant forms and includes your brother as his dependent.

E.g. On the Generic Application Form it will ask how many persons are included in the application (question 3), so the answer would be 2, if it's just her father and brother she is sponsoring.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
this is very interesting topic. I also like to sponsor my mother from philippines. Im still waiting for my PR hopefuly next year. When is the best time to sponsor parent when i get my PR? or when i get my citizenship? Im married to canadian citizen, can he co-sign with me when i sponsor my mother?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
this is very interesting topic. I also like to sponsor my mother from philippines. Im still waiting for my PR hopefuly next year. When is the best time to sponsor parent when i get my PR? or when i get my citizenship? Im married to canadian citizen, can he co-sign with me when i sponsor my mother?
You can start the sponsorship anytime after you are a PR please not if you have siblings whether they are coming or not they will count towards the LICO you have to meet, some people choose to wait a year just so they have a years worth of employment under their belt.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
thanks kedeisha.
what if i dont have to enough income to sponsor my monther but my co signer income is sufficient to provide us our basic need as per LICO table for 4 person. its that eligible? or should base on my own income.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
thanks kedeisha.
what if i dont have to enough income to sponsor my monther but my co signer income is sufficient to provide us our basic need as per LICO table for 4 person. its that eligible? or should base on my own income.
it will be based off both you and the cosigner's income keep in mind they are undertaking for 10 years