+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring dependent children - Outloud

Scorpio90

Aug 2, 2018
Hello,

I sponsored my husband from the Dominican Republic and we applied February 8th, 2018.
He was approved February 1st of 2019 and we arrived in Canada on March 5th.

We are now starting the process to bring his 2 children to Canada under permanent residence.

When reviewing the sponsorship application, I am confused as it only allows me to put one primary person..

Am I seeing this incorrectly? Also, is he supposed to be listed as the co-signer? Do we have to sign into his previous account for anything? We listed his children on our app but indicated they would not be coming at that time but I am not sure if we have to apply through there or something.

Help please.

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hi all
A question about IMM 5406 should be completed by the other parent who is not a co signer ?
One parent is the sponsor and the other parent not living in canada will be the one who is accompanying my question is who has to submit the IM5406

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I sponsored my husband from the Dominican Republic and we applied February 8th, 2018.
He was approved February 1st of 2019 and we arrived in Canada on March 5th.

We are now starting the process to bring his 2 children to Canada under permanent residence.

When reviewing the sponsorship application, I am confused as it only allows me to put one primary person..

Am I seeing this incorrectly? Also, is he supposed to be listed as the co-signer? Do we have to sign into his previous account for anything? We listed his children on our app but indicated they would not be coming at that time but I am not sure if we have to apply through there or something.

Help please.
Your husband must be the sponsor. You can't sponsor them. Yoi can co-sign but as there is no minimum income requirement for sponsoring dependent children, it isn't necessary.

You must submit 2 separate sets of applicant forms for the children. You can submit one set of sponsor forms and include it all in one package.