+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring by you brother

Gazza

Oct 21, 2013
Hello, I am hoping someone may be able to help and assist me, I have a brother who lives in BC and works in Alberta he has been in Canada since 1982 and has Canadian citizenship also has three children all of whom are Canadian, can my brother sponsor me to come over to Canada and find employment on a temporary work visa, may I thank you all in advance for your time and attention to this post Cheers for now Gazza

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gazza said:
Hello, I am hoping someone may be able to help and assist me, I have a brother who lives in BC and works in Alberta he has been in Canada since 1982 and has Canadian citizenship also has three children all of whom are Canadian, can my brother sponsor me to come over to Canada and find employment on a temporary work visa, may I thank you all in advance for your time and attention to this post Cheers for now Gazza
Nope, you would have to find an employer in Canada, who is able to obtain a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC after advertising the position for 4 weeks and is unable to find a Canadian or Permanent Resident for the position.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Yes, as PMM already said you will need a LMO from an employer in Canada. You can't sponsor a brother or relative over the age of 18.