+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Brazilian Spouse

asics5

Aug 19, 2013
My Brazilian fiance and I are currently living in Brazil, and will be married in July. We plan to stay here in Brazil until I receive my Brazilian citizenship.

Then we plan to move to Canada and start the process of sponsoring her so she can receive a permanent visa and eventual Canadian citizenship.

There are a lot of questions, but right now I'm trying to understand about our living situation during the process of sponsoring her. We will live in Canada, but I will likely be traveling back and forth from Canada to Brazil in order to continue my business in Brazil.

I imagine it's not an easy question to answer, but do people know how that would work, "if" it would work, if it's possible?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It is theoretically possible but border agents may or may not admit your fiance to the country, given family ties in Canada. That's the biggest risk for you.

You can get married and apply outland - without either of you being in Canada - as I assume you are a citizen.

Reactions: asics5

asics5

Aug 19, 2013
Thank
It is theoretically possible but border agents may or may not admit your fiance to the country, given family ties in Canada. That's the biggest risk for you.

You can get married and apply outland - without either of you being in Canada - as I assume you are a citizen.
Thanks for your help. And yes, I am a Canadian citizen - important info I forgot to include!

Mcosta

Feb 15, 2019
Hi
I'm Brazilian and I'm doing the family sponsor process too. I traveled to the US last week and stayed 4 days and when I entered Canada, I just gave my passport and the WP and the immigration agent didn’t ask me anything. How long do you need to stay in Brazil?

My Brazilian fiance and I are currently living in Brazil, and will be married in July. We plan to stay here in Brazil until I receive my Brazilian citizenship.

Then we plan to move to Canada and start the process of sponsoring her so she can receive a permanent visa and eventual Canadian citizenship.

There are a lot of questions, but right now I'm trying to understand about our living situation during the process of sponsoring her. We will live in Canada, but I will likely be traveling back and forth from Canada to Brazil in order to continue my business in Brazil.

I imagine it's not an easy question to answer, but do people know how that would work, "if" it would work, if it's possible?