+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring aunt to visit Canada?

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
My aunt's visitor visa was refused in India because of this reason:

"I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure".

This was a surprise because in the invitation letter, I clearly specified that I would be funding her trip and provided all my financial documents. Doesn't that count? Would a sworn affidavit (that I will truly bear her expenses) be more useful? I didn't have a problem getting my mother a visitor visa whose family ties to India are much weaker.

If anybody was able to get a visitor visa (for other than parents), please let me know what you did.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your relative need to show if she has sufficient funds (including income or assets) as well!

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
Thanks for your response Steaky. No, she is not capable of funding this travel herself. Can't it be my gift to her?

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
steaky said:
Sure, you can buy her a house or put money in her account!
Not sure how serious you are here - but I am willing to do that if it is going to help! The visa officer usually wants to see a bank statement and know the source of funds. So just tell them it is a gift?

I went through this process for my mother. I just wrote in the invitation letter that I will be paying all her expenses and showed proof of funds. That was enough.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hobbes said:
I went through this process for my mother. I just wrote in the invitation letter that I will be paying all her expenses and showed proof of funds. That was enough.
But it appears not enough for your aunt - look at the reason why your aunt's visitor visa was refused!

Yes, visa officers usually want to see a bank statement, but not the source of funds.

saxena7

Oct 13, 2015
Hi,

Did you reapplied for your aunts visitor visa? The visitor visa for my aunt got rejected. I am sponsoring her trip same as you. She does not have enough financial means. Here are the reasons -
---------------------------------------------------------
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of
the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. Please note that only the grounds that are checked
off apply to the refusal of your application.
- You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
travel history
- Length of proposed stay in Canada
- Purpose of visit
- Current employment situation
- Personal assets and financial status
----------------------------------------------
I had included travel insurance, itinerary, notarized document declaring that I will cover all her expenses. She is married and has one adult son. She is traveling alone. I had applied for 6 months of visit. Should I reduce it to two months? I am not sure what else I can do when I reapply..