+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse with Working Visa.

Gnest

Nov 11, 2010
Hi Experts, I need some advice. Thank You

Here's the story:

I intend to marry a Chinese citizen in Canada. Currently she is able to travel in and out of Canada with her Canadian working visa. My plan is to get married before her work visa expires, and sponsor her so she can apply for PR. Move to China with her, full fill her residency obligation through “ accompanying a Canadian citizen outside Canada.

Question:
1. Will the plan work?
2. Do we need to remain in Canada after during the Sponsorship Application process?
3. Can you get married , submit PR and sponsorship and leave. Then return to Canada with working visa to pick up PR card?

Hope to get some replies, many thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Gnest -

There's one significant wrinkle. As a Canadian citizen, you are certainly allowed to submit the application from outside of Canada. However as part of the application, you must show proof (i.e. mortgage, rental agreement, job offer, etc.) that you and your spouse plan to relocate to Canada and make Canada your home once her application has been approved.

Gnest

Nov 11, 2010
First of all thanks scylla for the reply and advice. :)

"Proof of sponsor and spouse to relocate to Canada and make Canada home"

What if, our priority is to make sure my spouse receiveds PR so she is able to enter Canada after her working visa expires. Currently both of us would like to live in China due to work opportunity and family.

Will CIC allow a PR card holder to fullfill "all" of residency obligation time by accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse outside of Canada. Then return to Canada later.

Also Getting married in China or Canada to become spouse relationship? Difference and advantages for outland application?

Thank you so much for your time to read this, hope to hear from you soon. ;D

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the difference between application inland and outland are as follow:
1. faster processing for outland application
2. have the right to apeal if the application got rejected
3. much more information to provide for outland application
4. two steps to take and two cic offices to submit different document and forms for outland application (pls see cic website for details)