+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello Nessy,

Thanks for ur comments. Regardless of my comments, contact ur MP and tell them that u are worried. loooooool U should see what I did in my MPs office. I had two assitants working on my case. One who got it by email and another one I talked to in the phone. loooooool I made it sound like a diaster and blah blah blah... u know! :d ha ha ha. Then I got an answer so fast from the one whom I emailed while the other was giving me a call to ask me for my hubby's info, I had an answer in the email alreaedy! :)

So contact ur MP just tell them that u voted for them and that u will vote for them again. loooooool...

I am going to calgary this week! :) Where are u going to live? I visited Calgary once and I want the experiance of my hubby to find a job to be easy.

Good luck for u! Keeeep us posted plz. I seem not to be able to get away from these forums. Most people disappear after getting their visas.

:)

moosh80

Sep 17, 2008
fairouzm said:
hello nessy,

well a passport request (in cairo) means that they approve your relationship. The reason they may of said 1 month and a half for is the security clearance. usually it takes 3 - 4 months. So the immigration officer may want to speed up ur application so as soon as they check if the security check is done, then they will issue the visa right away. I would email cic cairo office for your file number as soon as possiable. They asnwered me in two days. :) Ok this happens if they believe ur application and also they classify ur application as routine case and easy case. So good luck! You must of send a good evideance.

Good luck!

Take care.
Fairouzm..
I'm just wondering how come when i check some of the timelines here i see that they (applicants) get their passports after a week or two from the dated they submit them... so how come u r saying that it usually takes 3-4 months :( dont scare me. coz my wife sent her passport last week and i really dont wanna wait another 3-4 months to get back :s

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey Fairouz,

Just a quick question, how do i know who my MP is? Besides that.. i was planning to move back to Edmonton, but we are considering Calgary too, my husband and I are both preparing masters, so we are most likely going to the city where we can certify our degrees and courses, but in Alberta...just from your experience, if i sent in my papers july 2nd, and it was forwarded 2 Cairo, july 29th, and sept. 26th they asked for passports, around when will be get the visa's..just so i have an approximate time, in order to prepare things and give a notice to leave work and so forth..

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
What do u mean by certifing degrees? What do u work as? Please le tme know. IF you get ur degrees in canada they don't have to be certified. As long as I know if u are applying for masters, you just need original transilation of your marks from bachelors's degree. U don't even have to send the degree itself. This is if u are applying to university. Well, where are u now? Well my brothers are in edmenton, my brother got employed in less than a week. He did Accounting in Canada though. But most immigrants find a job there too. What my brothers tell me about edmenton that it is a little boring. Calgary is more fun. My sister lives in Calgary and she loves it. So this is why I am going there. :) Plus i know calgary more. I have never been in edmenton before.

Just search google for your MP.. just type MP or something like that.. and you will find one based on the area u live in. They will have email and phone numbers for them.

Lol I can't really tell u a timeline. But I hope soon! :)

Take care. :)

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey Fairouz,

The thing is..both mine and my hubby's bachelors degree's are from Egypt,(the arab academy for science and technology) if u've heard of it...and we wanted to apply for master's degrees, him in electronics and communication engineering and me in Information Systems, im still trying to figure out the way to go, and wat we r going to do...but i lived 18 years in edmonton and thats what's making me want to go there, but it all still stands on where we get accepted, inshallah.

Besides that i emailed the embassy and they e-mailed me back with my file number the next day.., so im really happy...i'm just waiting to see what happens after that i hope we get any kind of reply soon. But tell me, after i get the file number, what am i supposed to do with it?

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
Nessy

u r supposed to use this file # when they request the passport , i mean to send the passport by courier & give the file # to the courier agency to deliver the passport to the embassy

guys, does any1 know how to translate my high school certificate , I tranzlated my bachelor degree is that enough or i need to translate my high school also?

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
hello nessy,

u give ur number to the tnt person to pick up passport wiht visa inshallah :D

well edmenton is close my family lives there :D 3 of my brothers... anyways, i prefer to be by my sister. i am sure u know what i mean. :) for moral support.

mmm universities.. univeristy of alberta is good and has lots of resources. :) good luck. I found that apartments are cheaper in edmenton. so good luck for both of u ...

hopefully everything will be ok for all of us.

Fairouz

Oct 15, 2008
Dear all the member of the group
Im the manager of " Happy International Translation office " which fayrouz told you about it.
I have the pleasure to reply all your questions about anything concerning the translation of the documents needed to immigration to Canada.
For any questions u can call me on my mobile 0129130400 from 10 am to 6 pm every day.
Hope to help you in every thing you need
Yours Dalia

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello Dalia,

How are you?

thanks for coming here! :) You really know what u are doing. So many transilation offices claim that they are certified while they aren't. I am glad that I had found your office!

:)

Hope more people will find you and you will guide them!

Fairouz

Oct 15, 2008
Dear Fairouz
Your are a very Kind lady
I do appreciate you & your husband
thanks for all the beautiful words you wrote about our work.
hope that god full your life with all the happiness & the joy
Dalia

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thank you so much and update you guys!
Umm, We suprisingly got our visa... and the timeline is just crazy.

July 3rd - Submitted the applications
August 2nd - sponsorship approved and papers forwared to cairo
Sept 2nd - Started processing in Cairo
September 25th - Embassy requested passports
September 29th - Visa was issued (but we werent notified yet)
October 13th - Embassy called to tell us visa was issued and to pick it up
October 16th - Picked up passort and papers from TNT

Alhamdulillah...i still cant believe the timeline, i wasnt expecting anything for another couple of months...im still in shock.
Really Thanks alot mnassar and fairouz, u guys really really helped..i love ya without even knowing you.

So, what happens next...?? Am i done or is there something else?
Thanks,
Nessy

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
hey guys...

my hubby landed today. :)

the io didn't have any questions for us as me and my baby were with him. The io was super nice. We also, didn't have anything for customs, so everything became so nice.

ok make sure u have the confirmation of landing with him in his hand(carry on). not in the checked luguage..... they also look at it in any conecting airport and scan u carefully :)
Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
wooooooooohooooooooooooooo

congratsssssssssss nessy , oh my GOD , this is the fastest timeline ever masha ALLAH

Good Luck with ur futur life isa

masha2 ALLAH fairouz

7amdellah 3al salama , thats really a v good news

anything u wanna say abt the landing issue further than u wrote down??

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
hay happy international

happy to c u on this forums , i wanna ask u plz if u can translate my high school certificate or do u know where i can translate it?

thnx in advance