+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

moosh80

Sep 17, 2008
've been checkin this discussion for sometime now and i thought i'd share my timeline with you guys..
Jan 29th recivied by CIC-M
Fec 19th, approved and sent to cairo
April 15, Cairo started processing

and the status hasn't been changed since then!!! 5 months and no news :(
dont know how long it will take...
i'm hopin that i will hear from them soon

moosh80

Sep 17, 2008
Hi mnassar
i did get my AOR letter and i have a file number as well... but i dont know why is it taking so long i got the letter in april as i said above.

Fairouzm... i did contact my MP but i he didnt help me much!! all i was told that the officer still reviewing my file but there is no missing documents or anything wrong with it!!! and i was told that 5 months still within the 5-8 months for finalizing applications in cairo's office.

i dont know what else i can do other than waiting?

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
mayb it's the security checks moosh80
sometimes it takes long time specially if the applicant lived in many different countries...

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
well...

if ur mp didn't help u.. request caips notes... but you should of asked what is the hold.. did they approve the relationship.. ask him to call ottawa not cairo... :D

My mp is just so so so so good... they gave me good advice and told me what was left for it to be done which was security check and the documents they wanted. :) She told me they approved our relatioship and no interview is required...

Fairouz

bubulah

Sep 18, 2008
hello everyone,
I am not from Egypt but i just wanna know some informations regarding spousal sponsorship. Our application is being processed in HongKong right now. The Sponsorship application was been approved by the CIC-Mississauga last March 2008. I received the confirmation letter from the Canadian Consulate, HK. April 2008; end of July I got mail to provide some additional documents for them like my police clearance and the receipt that my husband paid. I did all the things to be done and sent back to them last August this year. So far, no news yet from our application. Sometimes you can't help to be depressed while waiting for the application.
PLEASE ADVICE!!! ANY INFORMATION will be of great help for us. Thank you very much...

moosh80

Sep 17, 2008
Thanks mnassar and fairouzm for the reply and info.
and isa fairouzm i will give my MP a call and ask for the caips notes and see whats the hold up for, and i hope i will know the answer then
thanks again guys u r very helpful

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
u ve nothing to do except waiting bubulah
if there is something new they will contact u unless u wanna give ur mp a call to know wats going around

GOOD LUCK

bubulah

Sep 18, 2008
You are absolutely right Mnassar!!! Thankz for the info all we got to do is to wait patiently. Actually i just check our app. status just now and it says "IN PROCESS" hoping everything's gonna be ok and turn out positively.... I wish & pray it won't take too long to be united with my husband again. We did the application by ourselves....

Thankz my friend!!! I kept u updated.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
hi Moosh,

Well, yes i would call the MP for sure. Mine is super nice! I go vote for him even if it snows badley. One day I was sliding all over and found that I was at the wrong place to vote and I was in a different place but I still went and voted. Anyways, ask ur mp to call ottawa not cairo coz in cairo they will pick up ur file and then it will go down the pile. So it is better to ask ur mp to call cic in ottawa not cairo office. Also ask to check when is the next bring forward date. also don't call cairo office or contact them as they will not reply to u till the 6 months have passed. Everytime u call this will delay ur file as they will pull it and put it down the pile if the 6 months have not passed.

Fairouz