+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
nessy... he can't apply for pr card earlier... it arrvies exactly in one month after he lands... and NOOOOOOOOOOO he can't come to the country without the card... no no no... even with that paper... this paper is only good to use till ur card comes... u can't reenter the country without it.... even if u lose it, u are stuck.. it will take looooooooong time to get it.. i knwo somebody who went to turkey in august and it got stolen.. he is stuck till now...

take care nessy..

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
fairouzm said:
nessy... he can't apply for pr card earlier... it arrvies exactly in one month after he lands... and NOOOOOOOOOOO he can't come to the country without the card... no no no... even with that paper... this paper is only good to use till ur card comes... u can't reenter the country without it.... even if u lose it, u are stuck.. it will take looooooooong time to get it.. i knwo somebody who went to turkey in august and it got stolen.. he is stuck till now...

take care nessy..
Salam Alaykoum ya hilweh! Eid Mubarak....Well folks I am going to Egypt in a few days!!! Finally :). I did want to comment though about this card...

If your friend is Turkey is a PR of Canada, all he need to do is go to the Embassy and get a special travel document from his local embassy. It costs $50.00, and will be valid to allow him entrance back into the country....

If anyone needs further details message me privately and I will direct you.

Best of luck to all.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Rasha,

I don't know why he is not able to get it. They stole his card so he wasn't in Canada. I don't know what is the hold. He lost all his papers so I don't know what they need to do a travel document but he went to the embassy there and they told him he can't get it.

Enjoy Egypt and get ready for the application!

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
SALAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM KEBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER TO EGYPET

FROM JORDANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
ok... I applied when I was in Egypt! I paid using a visa from a cyber because I wanted a reliable service so I picked a good cyber and then I did it there. Just before u do it. make sure that the place is printing pdf files before you pay. My advise is to pay online as you will have the number for the receipt which you can then check online and fine out when they approved ur application. It took the letter to arrive to us almost 18 days from Canada. So I am sure if you want to know as soon as they approve you, then your best way is to apply online. The other thing is you can do a bank draft but the problem is that you have to call immigration here and get them to send you a receipt paper. I can do that for you if you give me ur address since you are in Egypt now but to avoide. The receipt has to be original and sent to you from CIC. I am not really sure if they have those forms at the Egyptian embassy but I am sure they do. So Either you could do that or you can give me ur address i will call for you.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
ok... the bank that I had good treatment in Egypt was CIBC.. they have many branches..I used the one in salah salem... don't try Egyptian banks... They make u feel that they are doing you a favour and at the end they lost our business...

Anyways, you do need the form... If you go to the Egyptian Embassy and jsut ask for an application for immigration(even regural ), they may have this form in it... don't try to explain to anybody just ask for the application... :) It is pink... and has a bar code with a number at the top... this number is unique... and there is instructions on how to do this...

kimokimo

Jan 16, 2009
hey everybody,

u guys are amazing and kind.
hardly i found this site so if any one help me.

im from egypt working in the gulf and my fiance lives in Canada and she is Canadian citizen, we are planning to get married in march so i need ur support guys in the following:

1- how long it takes me and my fiance to finish all the requirements so we can take our vacation cause i dont want to lose my job
2-is there any documents are needs from my company so i can get it before i come to egypt (same for my fiance if she has to bring any documents with her before she comes)

ur quick response will be appreciated
thank you in advance.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
First,

which golf country are u applying from?

Well, you have two choices either to apply through a canadian embassy in teh gulf. I believe it is abudhabi... or to apply through cairo... since you are a resident of a golf country now..

Different requirements for each application...

I went through Cairo and I was happy about it. Mine was fast because I sent a good evidance both of me and my husband were close in age.. he is 3 years older than me. We both speak the same language and both speak english. We have share the same religion... also they don't ask u this, letting them know that is a good thing... coz it is masked under the question for the wedding cermony... which religion was it under... so ... here you go... so we had fairly similar background.

We also had 2 kg of evidance...

papers u need marriage certificate, change ur raqam qawmi to say that you are marrie.d.. qaid aeli, long form birth certificate and transilated from the health ministry in lazougly... it has to be transilated from the ministry.. u can't transilate it with other service... also the marrage certificate has to be done at the justice ministry... you will need receipts... emails... my advice for you is to start filling the applicaiton from now.... and review it... it is a horriable time... we spend nights doing it... I had everything in a binder but still... we had to spend the extra time....to review everything... any mistake or anything left blank will cost you a month when they return your application.. and also another month waiting for it to be reviewed so it is better if u just do it right from the first time.. which is hard if u are newely married...

this is the document checklists

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.PDF

this is what you need for applicaton from any gulf country

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

this is what you need for egypt

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3912e.pdf

you have to read the guides... it takes a long time but you have to read ever line in it..

Take care

kimokimo

Jan 16, 2009
thank you very much fairozm for ur help

but i just wanna ask u , what do u prefer? if i go throw cairo office.
and tell me how long it takes in cairo to finish all the papers? so i can take my vacation
and after i finish in cairo should i apply to the Canadian embassy in cairo or give it to my future wife and apply from canada.

and also what she needs to bring with her from canada

btw did your husband got the visa or not yet? if yes how long it takes?

best regards
kimo

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Well, if your wife is Canadian citzen by birth, then she will need her brith certificate or passport as a proof of her canadian citzenship. Also letters from professors, doctor, co-workers who know that know about ur relationship, also any greeting cards she got from anybody about the marriage, make sure you keep the ticket and the boarding passes of her and whoever is coming with her. Same for you also your ticket from the gulf to Cairo,

if you wife got her citizenship after she was a pr, then she will need to bring her citzenship card or the passport. For me I brought both because they ask u fro the date that you become a citizen.

She has to keep wedding dress receipts and use it as a proof, receipts of tiara's, etc. I advice to tell her this from now because maybe she is not thinking about it ...Any clothes she buys in preparation for the wedding... etc

copies of her cellphone records if you are sending sms to each other... for me I sent receipts for all the months...

I also had an annoucment in the newspaper so i brought this with me..

Ok, it is up to you where you want to do it... but as I heard latley in Abu-dhabi they ask you for resigniation and they did the same in Cairo with some people ...

If you are both egyptians, I would do it in Egypt coz they understand the Egyptian culture more. As you know many egyptians marry from other nationalities and I am sure that the IO in egypt they know Egyptians most...

Also, one more thing.. for me and my husband we were thinking to apply through abu-dhabi and got all the documents but... we end up having to do it in egypt as he couldn't get his security pappers through the Egyptian embassy (several people tired to from syria too) didn't work... so we end up going to Egypt to get it... so it is god's choice for us.. make sure you pray estikharah to find the best way and God will lead you! We were so happy with the cairo office...

if you want to save 900 le is better to let your wife take the applicaiton with her to Canada and send it via express post for 20 dollars which is 100 le... needless to say that DHL from Egypt takes a week to be delivered to Canada. And canada post regural service air mail for 3 dolalrs takes the same time.

My husband got his visa in September! We are in Canada now! We applied in February 18th, got approved March 7th, 2008. Cairo started processing on April 22, 2008, July 12 I got a letter from them to prove that I will move to Canada and I was allready there.. I called my MP and asked for an update... so he told me that I was because they thought we were both in Egypt this is why they asked me for this info but truly i was in canada at that time.. So i gather the evidance.. lease info, photos from canada day, letters from friends... I had a support group of Canadian freinds that were truly helping me with every step! so then i submited this in July and and in mid auguest i got a request to send passport...September 7th we got the passport stamped...

How long I guess it was done in a timely manner because they classify the cases based on compliexity so my advice send a good evidance so they classify you as easy and then it should take less than 6 months...

good evidance... this is the key... so really it depends on you! My idea is that if you get a refusal it is ur own fault... not the IO... because you should explain everything and try to prove that you are married for love not for the sake of citizenship! so it is ur responsiblity!

About Cairo, Most papers are done fast... like the security clearance takes 1 day, the qaed aeli iit took us a while to get it.... but we submited the paper and then when we get our AOR from Egypt we just sent in more evidance and the qead aeli...I don't know how long it takes in Egypt... maybe someone else can help you! Like Marriage certificate and stuff like that... coz i got married outside of Egypt! But they issued us an Egyptian Wedding certificate which only took a week and they lost the file too!

this is what I know...

attractive

Dec 19, 2008
hi hey men....
I got a letter from them:
i will be scheduled for an interview shortly. In this respect,
i will be required to bring my passport and the original marriage certificate.
thank you

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
attractive

I highly advice you to ask for your caips... so you know how to prepare for an interview... do it and also call the mp and ask them what they are suspecting... usually an interview is not something good... it means they are suspecting your relationship is not genuin...

did you guys got married before your wife recieved her pr... please let me know!

attractive

Dec 19, 2008
they sent an email that interview i will be scheduled shortly and They asked for passport and the original marriage certificate