+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a parent

M.dot

Mar 14, 2019
my husband will be sponsoring me with spousal visa, I’m a British citizen.
After how long will I be able to sponsor my mum to come to Canada who is also a British citizen?
Once I get sponsored I will eventually become a PR. It states that once you become a PR you’re able to sponsor a parent or grandparent.
Please advice me on this! And what would be suitable!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my husband will be sponsoring me with spousal visa, I’m a British citizen.
After how long will I be able to sponsor my mum to come to Canada who is also a British citizen?
Once I get sponsored I will eventually become a PR. It states that once you become a PR you’re able to sponsor a parent or grandparent.
Please advice me on this! And what would be suitable!
There are a number of requirements you have to meet to qualify to sponsor your mother. The first is that you must wait until you are a permanent resident. The second is that you and your husband must make enough income to meet the income requirements to sponsor your mother, as well as support yourselves and any dependents. Additionally, only a limited number of parents sponsorship applications are accepted each year. Once you qualify, you'll have to enter the process to be selected and hope you are picked. Once you are picked and submit an application - processing times will likely be around 2 years. Note that your mother will have to pass a medical to be approved.