+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring a dependent child of a wife

greenlantern

Nov 28, 2007
Hello everyone!

I want to help a friend on his situation. He married a filipina who has a dependent child (not his own). His wife was pregnant (by someone else) when they got married. Is it possible to include the child on his wife's application? Thanks for any advice
grEenLantErn

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

greenlantern said:
Hello everyone!

I want to help a friend on his situation. He married a filipina who has a dependent child (not his own). His wife was pregnant (by someone else) when they got married. Is it possible to include the child on his wife's application? Thanks for any advice
grEenLantErn
Yes, as the child would be a dependent of the mother.

PMM

greenlantern

Nov 28, 2007
Thanks PMM. Do you think it will present any problem? Because the baby is using the last name of her biological father. My friend's fear is that there will be a conflict on their marriage date and the date that his wife gave birth to the child.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

greenlantern said:
Thanks PMM. Do you think it will present any problem? Because the baby is using the last name of her biological father. My friend's fear is that there will be a conflict on their marriage date and the date that his wife gave birth to the child.
She will have to prove that she has soul custody of the child is able to remove it to Canada.

PMM