+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a brother who has disability

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hi folks.

I have this question in my mind for a long time since I moved to Canada a year ago. I hope some seniors / experts show me the right direction.

I got a younger brother, 31 year old who is mentally retarded. His behaviour is extremely undangerous to all but he needs a little assistance at home as he can't cook his own food and cannot speak any English. He lives with our parents in the home country now.

I am not sure if there is any specific immigration stream where I can bring him here. Can someone please guide.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi folks.

I have this question in my mind for a long time since I moved to Canada a year ago. I hope some seniors / experts show me the right direction.

I got a younger brother, 31 year old who is mentally retarded. His behaviour is extremely undangerous to all but he needs a little assistance at home as he can't cook his own food and cannot speak any English. He lives with our parents in the home country now.

I am not sure if there is any specific immigration stream where I can bring him here. Can someone please guide.
Only option would be to qualify to sponsor your parents for PR and include your brother in their application as a dependent who relies on them for all of his basic needs due to disability. He will be medically assessed as part of the process and there's a chance the application could be refused if IRCC determines he may be a burden to Canada's health / social care systems.