Application: xxxxxxxxxx

Email:
XXXX @ XXXXXXX.XXX

Name.……….
Street…..
Town…. Postal Code……
Country…….

Dear …………………………….:

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which is in progress at our office.

Your mailing address according to our records is indicated above. Please review it and advise us of any errors.

Proof of Residence/Intent to Reside

We wish to ask you at this time to provide proof that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient.

If your sponsor does not currently reside in Canada, please provide proof that he/she intends to reside in Canada. This includes but is not limited to employment letters, lease agreements, copies of correspondence with: potential employers, real estate companies, property rental agencies, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc. Please provide as many indicators as possible as any single one of these may not be enough on its own to prove intent of residency. Driver’s licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return.

In the email it shows my former address (outside Canada) as my mailing address. Right now I am staying in Canada as a visitor with my wife and children till my COPR is issued. I would like the COPR to be sent to the Canadian address.

Can I ask CIC to change my mailing address to the Canadian one?

Do I need to provide any proof of landing (like boarding passes and stamped passport copy) or any other documents that show that I am currently in Canada?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, you can change your address without sending them flight ticket etc.

you can email them with your UCI no. and new address or you can log in ECAS on CIC website and do by yourself.

it takes 2 or more weeks on ECAS to show your new address

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Lynx88 said:
In the email it shows my former address (outside Canada) as my mailing address. Right now I am staying in Canada as a visitor with my wife and children till my COPR is issued. I would like the COPR to be sent to the Canadian address.

Can I ask CIC to change my mailing address to the Canadian one?

Do I need to provide any proof of landing (like boarding passes and stamped passport copy) or any other documents that show that I am currently in Canada?
You should have changed your address when you came to Canada. You are not required to provide proof to change it.

You need to provide proof that your sponsor is in Canada. CIC doesn't really care that you are in Canada, they just need to see that the sponsor is.

Lynx88

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
File Transfer...
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
You should have changed your address when you came to Canada. You are not required to provide proof to change it.

You need to provide proof that your sponsor is in Canada. CIC doesn't really care that you are in Canada, they just need to see that the sponsor is.
My sponsor had already changed her address through ecas before she landed in Canada. While going through this process, there’s a step where you're asked “If other persons listed in your application are also changing to the new address, please enter the following information”, so we added the sponsored as well.

When we received this email we realized that the address change had only been made for the sponsor.

I am thinking of replying to the email with all the information needed regarding my sponsor being in Canada and also mentioning that I am currently in Canada as well as it says “Your mailing address according to our records is indicated above. Please review it and advise us of any errors.”

I have read somewhere in the forum that COPR is sent to the sponsored person's address. Is this correct?

Thank you for your replies.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lynx88 said:
I have read somewhere in the forum that COPR is sent to the sponsored person's address. Is this correct?
yes, it will deliver to your address.