+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsored Refugee Application Refused due to Withdrawl

Iwantjustice

May 18, 2019
Also, what if starting with a new sponsor comes in the picture, would it all start from the beginning? or can it start from the same G number allocated to the applicant?

Iwantjustice

May 18, 2019
Please bear in mind the applicant was waiting for an interview call from the overseas visa office, which is their case for Singapore.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you.

This link only talks about the sponsor, not the applicant. I have searched a lot and it seems that there isn't much info on the refugee application. which is quite frustrating as it's their life on the edge, not the sponsors.
I think what the refugees are going through is very hard. I'm heartbroken for them. However, it is worth noting that sponsors put a lot on the line to sponsor a refugee. If their life situation drastically changes, it can be impossible to continue the support. In this case, a sponsor may have decided to withdraw now before putting the refugees in a harder position in Canada.

Again, I'm terribly sorry that this is happening.

Iwantjustice

May 18, 2019
I think what the refugees are going through is very hard. I'm heartbroken for them. However, it is worth noting that sponsors put a lot on the line to sponsor a refugee. If their life situation drastically changes, it can be impossible to continue the support. In this case, a sponsor may have decided to withdraw now before putting the refugees in a harder position in Canada.

Again, I'm terribly sorry that this is happening.
True, I agree with you, that the sponsor situation might have changed, however, the sponsor should be informing the applicant? true eeh? they shouldn't be just ignoring the messages from the applicant, which puts the applicant on line.

I am sure there would be some valid reasons for the sponsor to back off, but ethically they should be telling the applicant. In addition, they have the option to find another sponsor for the applicant.

And how can a IN ROCCO send a refusal email without an interview with the applicant.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
As having a sponsor is a requirement for the program, once the sponsor withdraws, IRCC is under no obligation to continue the process. They won’t waste time and resources on an application that doesn’t meet a basic requirement. If they find a new sponsor, the application will start from the beginning, although there may be some time saving depending on how far into the previous application IRCC was when it was withdrawn.

How did the applicant know the sponsor?

Iwantjustice

May 18, 2019
As having a sponsor is a requirement for the program, once the sponsor withdraws, IRCC is under no obligation to continue the process. They won’t waste time and resources on an application that doesn’t meet a basic requirement. If they find a new sponsor, the application will start from the beginning, although there may be some time saving depending on how far into the previous application IRCC was when it was withdrawn.

How did the applicant know the sponsor?
Through an Email from IN ROCCO /Coro RI (IRCC). this email came after almost 6 months of allocation of the G number.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Yup, even after the of the G number. Once the sponsorship is withdraw, the application ceases processing. It’s done. No need to continue.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The application has been refused. That’s it. It’s a new application now whether it’s the same sponsor or a new one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does anyone else have any information? other the information provided here by these helpers :)
All of the relevant answers have already been provided to you.

The application cannot proceed without the original sponsor and that's why it's been canceled. The sponsor can withdraw support for any reason and at any time without penalty. The applicants will need to find a new sponsor and restart the application process from scratch.