+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor with a Criminal Record

Kesha

Apr 22, 2016
hi there. I still don't know and may not for some time. I sent application originally in March but it was returned to me. Sent it back in and just noticed today that they updated ecas to received and processing application ( didn't get AOR email so not sure what that means. we were able to check ecas cuz we already had uci number from hubby s previous permit in work program. we have quite a few months to go before we find out if I'm ok to sponsor. although my charges are not of a violent nature and over 10 years old so my fingers are crossed that I will be ok
any update on your case?

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
any update on your case?
So far medical passed in Oct. Nothing since then. Judging by alot of others timelines we are hoping to hear something next month to feb

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Hi, can you please share if you submitted any supporting documents related to your criminal situation? Thank you very much!
I did send a copy of my fingerprints and rcmp record with explanations on my charges. How old and what happened with them. I know they prob do rcmp check anyways but tried to be proactive lol. I did not send court docs or proof of completing sentences as that is hard for me to obtain since i went to court in another city and when i called courthouse they said the files are no longer there. They are at another location archived. I couldnt make the trip to figure it all out so I'm hoping they dont ask 4 all that. Our bgc just changed to processing Jan 17 so i still have no answer on how it will work out. Fingers crossed

Kesha

Apr 22, 2016
did you apply for a record of suspension? What other supporting documents did you send if you and your spouse are living together?

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
No I
did you apply for a record of suspension? What other supporting documents did you send if you and your spouse are living together?
No I did not apply for record suspension. I did start the process years ago, but as I was in the middle of it, that’s when they changed the wait times and fees. I had to start over and wait a bit again. I just decided it wasn’t worth it for me as I couldn’t afford it and was also not an easy task for me cuz. Y charges were in another city and archived. So getting all the docs needed would’ve been hard. I’ve changed my life, my charges were over 10 yrs old, I have a job, so just didn’t see the point. I never realized then that I would end up sponsoring someone or I would’ve taken care of it long ago lol . I explained this in my app too. ( that was hard to get docs and expensive and that my record has not really affected me too much yet)...besides having it that is lol.

I sent credit card bills where I’m additional user on his and he is on mine...joint bank account, proof he’s on my benefits and my beneficiary on life insurance, copy of phone bill where I have a line on his account, letters from friends and family, etc

Jmercieca26

Jan 15, 2019
Hello, I'm about to sponsor my newly wed wife. I was convicted of trafficking a controlled substance when I was 18. I was given 2 years probation and a small fine. I was charged when I was 18 and I'm 22 now. Will this make me unable to sponsor my wife?

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Hello, I'm about to sponsor my newly wed wife. I was convicted of trafficking a controlled substance when I was 18. I was given 2 years probation and a small fine. I was charged when I was 18 and I'm 22 now. Will this make me unable to sponsor my wife?
Hi there. If u read the beginning of this thread u will see that was the same concern I had. I also had the same charges. On my record it showed...possession for purpose of trafficking, trafficking and possession of proceeds of crime.
I was only convicted of the possession for the purpose tho. ( pled guilty to one to waive the others) i was convicted in 2006. I was approved to sponsor my husband back in Jan. We are still waiting for his approval due to file being transfered cuz of CBSA dealings..but I did get approved. As long as all sentences and fines have been paid and it's not assault or sexual in nature I believe.

Reactions: Sapphire18

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi there. If u read the beginning of this thread u will see that was the same concern I had. I also had the same charges. On my record it showed...possession for purpose of trafficking, trafficking and possession of proceeds of crime.
I was only convicted of the possession for the purpose tho. ( pled guilty to one to waive the others) i was convicted in 2006. I was approved to sponsor my husband back in Jan. We are still waiting for his approval due to file being transfered cuz of CBSA dealings..but I did get approved. As long as all sentences and fines have been paid and it's not assault or sexual in nature I believe.
Hey! We're stuck in ss too :( cab you tell me when yours stsrted

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Hey! We're stuck in ss too :( cab you tell me when yours stsrted
Applied April 13 2018. Got SA in Jan but was told our file was transfered to local office. Most likely for the CBSA issues as hubby is Involved with them and was given as exclusion order and prra interview before. The local office apparently recieved our app Feb 5 but we haven't heard a word from them at all

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Applied April 13 2018. Got SA in Jan but was told our file was transfered to local office. Most likely for the CBSA issues as hubby is Involved with them and was given as exclusion order and prra interview before. The local office apparently recieved our app Feb 5 but we haven't heard a word from them at all
The file getting transfered is common with all applications after SA. Your at 12 month already, your application should be almost complete. Do you know when bgc or ss started on him? Or if it's completed? Our visa office is London. Insanely slow :(

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
The file getting transfered is common with all applications after SA. Your at 12 month already, your application should be almost complete. Do you know when bgc or ss started on him? Or if it's completed? Our visa office is London. Insanely slow :(
Ours is London Ont. Lol

No I think it was transfered due to cbsa and exclusion order. Given the fact the call center agent said that typically is a reason, also in our notes it did mention the exclusion order under reason for transfer ..said eligibility also in another area. And also the fact we are over the year already kinda says something isnt right when everyone else with our timeline here and in WhatsApp groups finished at the 10 month mark. I'm even expecting a possible relationship interview although that hasnt been confirmed. His background check started long ago. Like around dec. Still in process it says. Although notes say no reportable trace for rcmp report and biometrics also info sharing. I think its stuck in security

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Ours is London Ont. Lol

No I think it was transfered due to cbsa and exclusion order. Given the fact the call center agent said that typically is a reason, also in our notes it did mention the exclusion order under reason for transfer ..said eligibility also in another area. And also the fact we are over the year already kinda says something isnt right when everyone else with our timeline here and in WhatsApp groups finished at the 10 month mark. I'm even expecting a possible relationship interview although that hasnt been confirmed. His background check started long ago. Like around dec. Still in process it says. Although notes say no reportable trace for rcmp report and biometrics also info sharing. I think its stuck in security
For sure it's in security. Any bgc over 2 or 3 months is in ss. We have a group for that! If you want to join