+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Spouse - Post graduate work permit

Tweety15

Sep 15, 2011
Hi arsenal23,
Thank you for your information.
I'll ask my employer to provide with a letter that contains those details.

Hi lavalava321,
Yes, there is some concern that some officer may not know about it and may even reject my application again.
But I guess I have no choice but to try. I always appreciate your advice.

mwan

Star Member
Jul 30, 2006
Hi lavalava321,

How long did your application take to process? did you apply online or paper?

thanks,

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
mwan said:
Hi

Thanks PMM. So I called the call center again. It is quite frightening that sometimes the call center agents give contradicting information. Anyway, today I spoke to two agents and they also emailed me a document about skilled workers and CONFIRMED spouses of skilled workers- with a pgwp (and I made them confirm that the Pgwp counts as work permit- can apply for OWP. HOWEVER you (the skilled pgwp holder) needs a detailed offer that shows your skill level from the employer. Your spouse should include this with the application.
can u forward me that email please. I am in the same situation...I am eligible from all scenarios and still my wife OWP is declined.
1. I have a skilled job - caetogary B
2. I also have a PNP certificate
3. I have done my mediclas for PR and waiting on my last stages....
the only crime I have done is that I have a Post grad OWP......Ridiculos! I also provided them with my job duties and my engineering duties....still denied.

they say I need a close work permit!
tell me one thing, why would i take a close work permit when i have an open one....its like taking agunand shooting myself....
cic just comes up with somes stupid rules....
email
email me at salim_mahesania@hotmail.com

lavalava321

Oct 29, 2010
sam1986 said:
can u forward me that email please. I am in the same situation...I am eligible from all scenarios and still my wife OWP is declined.
1. I have a skilled job - caetogary B
2. I also have a PNP certificate
3. I have done my mediclas for PR and waiting on my last stages....
the only crime I have done is that I have a Post grad OWP......Ridiculos! I also provided them with my job duties and my engineering duties....still denied.

they say I need a close work permit!
tell me one thing, why would i take a close work permit when i have an open one....its like taking agunand shooting myself....
cic just comes up with somes stupid rules....
email
email me at salim_mahesania @ hotmail.com
had you sponsored your spouse for an open work permit before as well when you were a student?

Tweety15

Sep 15, 2011
Hi sam1986,

sam1986 said:
I also provided them with my job duties and my engineering duties....still denied.
Was this just a list of your job duties?
Did you provide a proper proof of your employment signed by your employer?

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
I provided everything I COULD, FROM MY JOB OFFER TO WAGRES TO BENEFITS....I DIT NOT LEAVE ANYTHING ...

this is the first time my wife is here, she is here as a visitor....i am changing her status from visitor to work permit.
I seriously feel CIC is bullshit...especially in my case, my wife is eligible from 3 different ays.....
1. I am highly skilled
2. I am a provincial nominee (she is on the certificate as well)
3. I am on my last stages of PR...( it says on the website that , you are eligible if u pass certain criterias....I dont know what those criterias, but i am on the last step....so i am pretty sure I am eligible tooo....)

I feel its discriminitory for not giving our spouses the work permit and giving it to ppl who just came a month ago on a closed work permit....
Are we stupid to go to university in canada and spend thousands of dollars? Last thing they say is ur spouses r not eligible for OWP.....ridiculous...

Why would anyone like me, who has a open work permit get myself a LMO and HRSDC bullshit and get a close work permit....I seriously do not understand how they make all these policies....these ruins all the time, $$, relationships.....I Seriously feel discriminated because i have been here for 7 years, contributed to the economy with the fees a we have put in universities....Iam working as a skilled engineer and am still contributing on the economy....

and ppl who come here 2 months ago with all the bbogus LMO get their spouses sponsored before me....dont take me wrong, I am not against those ppl whoo came here 2 months ago....but it is not faitr that we have left behind......
Disrimnitory

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
HI All,

It looks that spouse of PGWP is eligible for work permit, provided the principal applicant have job offer in skill level O, A or B.

So, based on this, I would like to apply for the OWP based on my spouse's PGWP and job.

I am on student visa, and I am doing PhD. If they reject my work permit, will I loose my study permit too?

and if they accept my application, when they will cancel my study permit?

mdd2011

Dec 10, 2011
Hi Tweety,

I have applied online for a work permit. My spouse is a skilled professional (skill A) currently employed at a firm.
I reckon you have had to sponsor your spouse as well, and you had an employment offer.

Is your spouse's OWP approved? Did you try going to the border to try at the POE?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

M

mdd2011

Dec 10, 2011
Hi all,

Just got my work permit approved. Applied on Sep 18, got approved on November 28. I called the cic helpline to inquire and they told me.

Thanks everyone for their support and I appreciate everyone sharing their stories which has proven very helpful.

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
hello everyone,
I already applied for open work permit as my spouse is having a job in skilled category and PGWP. But in his job letter i forgot to mention his noc code. He is working as a web developer (NOC-2175) NOC-A . In His employment letter it only "web developer" was indicated not the NOC code. I havn't mentioned anywhere specifically that his code is 2175 thinking that they can check themselve. But after reading all the posts I am worried they may refuse my application as they won't check for the code as i havn't mentioned about it. Can anyone tell me if its must to mention NOC code on job offer letter or its understood.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!