+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor same sex marriage process at Singapore VO

Onceagain2step

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Dear all,

Has anyone submitted PR same sex application which processing at Singapore? Do the process similar to spouses? What are the difficulties for my application?

Please share with me.

Thanks.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Dear all,

Has anyone submitted PR same sex application which processing at Singapore? Do the process similar to spouses? What are the difficulties for my application?

Please share with me.

Thanks.
are you same sex married in Singapore? you have to demonstrate you live together, support each other, family support, etc
timeline is the same, it suppose to be no difficulty

Onceagain2step

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
are you same sex married in Singapore? you have to demonstrate you live together, support each other, family support, etc
timeline is the same, it suppose to be no difficulty
No, I came to Canada to get married. But I apply outside, I feel nervous because Singapore does not welcome LGBT.

Aug 24, 2017
If you are married in Canada you apply under spousal sponsorship. Same as anyone else. Canada doesn't care if your same-sex marriage is not recognized elsewhere. You're legally married as far as canada is concerned so youapply like a married couple.

Reactions: Onceagain2step

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The visa officers who will be processing your application are Canadian, even if they are in Singapore. They should not be influenced by the prevailing opinions in Singapore. Of course, you might get someone who is prejudiced, but that could be true for an inland application as well.

Reactions: Onceagain2step