+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor parents - other relative category

arachchiges

Feb 16, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I would like to get your valuable opinion on sponsoring my mother under “Other Relative” category.

My mother is having extremely difficulties obtain visa from Canadian embassy in Pakistan. My father has passed away and my mother has no close relatives. We tried visitor/super visa many times and the response is “no family ties………..” . I tried each year parents’ sponsorship program but I have not got selected. That lottery system does not work for me. I have enough income to sponsor. I’m single and no relatives in Canada.

• Is it possible to sponsor my mother under “Other Relative” category?
  • Is it possible to sponsor my mother under “humanitarian and compassionate” ground?
Thank you for helping

I appreciate your response

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I would like to get your valuable opinion on sponsoring my mother under “Other Relative” category.

My mother is having extremely difficulties obtain visa from Canadian embassy in Pakistan. My father has passed away and my mother has no close relatives. We tried visitor/super visa many times and the response is “no family ties………..” . I tried each year parents’ sponsorship program but I have not got selected. That lottery system does not work for me. I have enough income to sponsor. I’m single and no relatives in Canada.

• Is it possible to sponsor my mother under “Other Relative” category?
  • Is it possible to sponsor my mother under “humanitarian and compassionate” ground?
Thank you for helping

I appreciate your response
No - you cannot sponsor your mother under the Other Relative category. You can only sponsor her under the Parent / Grandparent category.

In order for her to apply under H&C, she must be physically in Canada. So she would need to obtain a TRV and travel here first.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given what you are suggesting CIC is right to be concerned that your mother will not return to Pakistan if she is given a visa to come to Canada. You need for her to establish more ties to Pakistan. Even if she applies for H&C that isn’t guaranteed. Would keep looking to see what the requirements are when PGP restarts.

Looking at your previous posts the fact that she was rejected for PGP is part of the big issue and the fact that you got status in Canada through an asylum request.

Reactions: mashulia_26