+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor name concerns...help appreciated.

Mr.V

Feb 1, 2013
Hi everyone,

Coming towards the end of the laborious process of compiling the mountain of data for our PR App.

I've just got two niggling concerns I'd like to throw some light on...

1. I noticed after printing out all the forms that my wife's passport does not show her middle name, however it is present on our marriage certificate. I have already put her first and middle names in the "given names" section of all our forms and I'm really hoping I don't have to reprint them all eliminating her middle name, because it's not shown on passport?

2. Should I include my wife's married surname in the "nickname" field of the forms? she will be changing it but hasn't changed her passport etc...(of which I'll of course be sending proof of - showing her maiden name)?

Any help appreciated!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Mr.V said:
Hi everyone,

Coming towards the end of the laborious process of compiling the mountain of data for our PR App.

I've just got two niggling concerns I'd like to throw some light on...

1. I noticed after printing out all the forms that my wife's passport does not show her middle name, however it is present on our marriage certificate. I have already put her first and middle names in the "given names" section of all our forms and I'm really hoping I don't have to reprint them all eliminating her middle name, because it's not shown on passport?

2. Should I include my wife's married surname in the "nickname" field of the forms? she will be changing it but hasn't changed her passport etc...(of which I'll of course be sending proof of - showing her maiden name)?

Any help appreciated!
Hi there,
I would assume that if she has a middle name then you'd need to include it whether it's on the passport or not,so you don't need to redo the forms!
I wouldn't include her married name in the nickname field since its not!!-if you feel the need to,just write a letter addressing the issue,I sent my applications with my previous surname(common law since its the names I used when I came to Canada 11 years ago)-I did get a passport with my current married name which I sent to cic after,am expecting when I get the pr it'll bear the names and then I can change all my other documents.

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Just my opinion and not an expert so take it FWIW.
I believe the application name should be the exact name and spelling as on the passport. Hence without middle name.

My experience:
No middle name on travel passport.
Middle name on internal passport.
Middle name on marriage certificate.

Middle name was excluded on App. but was included as an alias name.

Good luck!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
I'm the sponsor, my middle name isn't on my passport (I figured I'd get it changed when I renew the passport).

I did as the form asked, giving my name as it's written on the passport, without my middle name. I then put my full name including my middle name in the aliases section, and attached a separate sheet of paper explaining the situation. I probably should have added proof of my middle name eg. my birth certificate, but I forgot.

I was approved as a sponsor without a hitch.

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna (principle applicant)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012 (rec. 22-May-2012)
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
19-Sep-2012 (rec. 27-Sep-2012)
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
My husband was the sponsor, he has a middle name, we included his middle name in all the sections and its on the marriage certification too and his passport doesn't really show, just the first letter of his middle name, not the full name (which gave us 2 also a lot problems to think over it too). It never had been an issue (and our process was fast).
Hope it helps.

But chipits gave a good advice if you want to make sure, just explain it so there is no confusion or attach a proof (marriage-/birth certification - what you send anyway though).

Mr.V

Feb 1, 2013
Thanks everyone.

As part of the application we've included our marriage certificate which clearly shows my sponsor's full name, including middle name. Along with that I've written a letter to explain the situation.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone in the middle of this intense process!