+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my significant other

javisam376

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hello,

I am a PR residing in Canada (QC) my girlfriend is on a student visa doing her masters on McGill and we are starting to talk about having children and all of that, which will be easier to do if we both reside in Canada so we are starting to explore our options to get her to become a permanent resident on the account of being living together since September 2019 (1+ year) and a while before that back home.

Anyone has any experience with this type of sponsorship? Do I need to be a citizen to do that? Is it complicated or straight forward (for example compared to express entry process)?

Any help or pointers will be greaty appreciated.

Thank you.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hello,

I am a PR residing in Canada (QC) my girlfriend is on a student visa doing her masters on McGill and we are starting to talk about having children and all of that, which will be easier to do if we both reside in Canada so we are starting to explore our options to get her to become a permanent resident on the account of being living together since September 2019 (1+ year) and a while before that back home.

Anyone has any experience with this type of sponsorship? Do I need to be a citizen to do that? Is it complicated or straight forward (for example compared to express entry process)?

Any help or pointers will be greaty appreciated.

Thank you.
You can be either a PR or a citizen.
It's pretty straight forward if you follow the checklist.

Reactions: DiiDii