+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my Greek husband

AthinaK

Nov 13, 2013
Hello to everyone
Its my first time on the forum and i have to say that everybody is so helpful. I would like to ask some questions since we are getting ready to go through this process and we are going crazy.
Me and my fiancee will get married in December and will leave for Canada in January. I am a canadian citizen and he is Greek. I will start the application as soon as we get to montreal. But as i went through the forum i see that inland is not the best way to go because in October we definetly have to travel to Greece for a couple of weeks. Is there any solution to this problem?? And also i ve heard that allot of couples have hired a lawyer to help them with the process.. What is your opinion for that??
Thank you so much everyone for reading the post... Looking forward for answers :D

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
AthinaK said:
Is there any solution to this problem??
Yes, just apply outland. You can do this while being in Canada. Your spouse will just need to maintain visitor status on his own separate from the PR app. For visa-exempt applicants, this is usually pretty easy.

Applying outland is also usually much quicker than inland.

And also i ve heard that allot of couples have hired a lawyer to help them with the process.. What is your opinion for that??
If you don't have any serious issues (like criminality), and you can understand english enough to read and fill out the forms... then a lawyer is NOT recommended. You will just end up wasting over $2-3,000 or so to do something that most people do themselves. Lawyers can't speed up the process, and often times actually slow it down if people have correspondence going through a lawyer and not to the sponsor/applicant directly.