+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor moving to Canada during outland application to set up

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi all,

I'd like to find out whether anyone can answer me on the following:

My fiance (Canadian) and I live and grew up in South Africa. I know that if the sponsor is a citizen, he/she may move to Canada during an outland application. We are roughly 6 months into our application, and were requested for proof of sponsor's intent to relocate to Canada along with my medical requests (roughly 2 weeks ago).

We did medicals and sent an updated proof of intent to the visa officer. When we received this request, we assumed that we are nearing the final stages of our application so my fiance has given notice to her employer and she also purchased a plane ticket to Toronto with her twin sister (also Canadian citizen still living in South Africa). We provided details to the visa officer and included plane tickets with their date (15 June) as she needs to work 60 days after her notice and she has to finish her university exams on 10 June. We explained everything and the twins are flying out to Toronto on 15 June to go set up. If I am approved by that time, I will hopefully be able to fly with them (although I doubt that, since it will only be month 9 after our app was sent).

So my question - if, for some reason, we are called in for an interview after my fiance already landed in Canada, will she have to fly back to South Africa to attend an interview? Our visa office is in South Africa, so I am really hoping that won't happen as it will be an expensive trip. Since we will update her address as soon as she lands in Canada, I figured that they won't ask her to come all the way back for an interview? I will be this side, so if they only ask me to attend it would not be an issue. Hoping someone might have an answer for me.

Her flights have been booked and she has resigned her job for the sole purpose of proving to the officer that she is moving and that she will be living in Canada from June onward. So there is no turning back now :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If there's an interview required, it will be for the applicant (not the sponsor).

Reactions: ruanp28