+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor inland (spouse w/expired visitor's visa)

Jeff25

Feb 1, 2012
Hi everyone, I would gladly appreciate your thoughts or suggestions on my case.

I came here in canada last May 2009 under a tourist visa to visit my dad's relatives.
After 4 months, i met an old man who wants to sponsor me as his caregiver because
He found out that i am a registered nurse in our country. I then apply for a work permit
As a caregiver and later on was refused. I have stayed here for 10months since i was
Waiting for a response from my application. During my stay here i met a woman 14yrs
Older than me. Since then we have been dating and when she found out that my application
For work permit was refused, she offered me to marry her since we both do not want to be
Apart from each other. She's already divorce and have a daughter whom she is sponsoring at that
Time. We waited for her daughter to get here before i submitted my application for permanent
Resident. I can say that our marriage is genuine eventhough we have a 14yrs age gap, i submitted
My application last april 2011 and still waiting. Hopefully i get approved because i want to help
My wife financially because she has been working so hard to support me and her daugther plus we are planning to have a baby when i get my work permit. (she's not on welfare)

I would like to know your opinion on my chances of getting approve as a permanent residence.
Thank you guys in advance for the response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think your relationship will fall under greater scrutiny due to your history in Canada (i.e. overstay of tourist visa, failed caregiver application). Hopefully you submitted a large amount of evidence with your file to prove your relationship is genuine. I would continue to collect information to prove your relationship is genuine in case you are called for an interview.

Jeff25

Feb 1, 2012
Thanks for replying to my post scylla, appreciate it.

Well, I'm just hoping that things will work out fine because I can't
afford to be away for a long time from my wife. I have all the
evidence to prove that our marriage is genuine. Does the immigration
always conduct interview with this kind of case? I hope I get to have
an interview.

Jeff25

Feb 1, 2012
By the way, I submitted some documents like the lease contract of our apartment
with both our names on it, a copy of her life insurance wherein she puts my name
as one of the beneficiary along with her daughter, etc.. hopefully they'll consider
these things.