+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor has Dementia, Application refuse???

SAMANTALA

Dec 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our application was November 20, 2017 Outland Common Law Philippines. Sponsor SA January 30, 2018 Medical Done February 2, 2018 Procedural Fairness March 15 and Phone Interview embassy May 18.

At the interview, I told them the true condition of my husband/sponsor because they asked me how come after his last visit he do not visit me anymore. I do not want to say any alibi or reasons, I do not want to be charge as Misrepresentation, so I told them the truth.

Now, with my sponsor's condition, do you think, the officer will refuse our application???? He is currently at the home care. Because I do not want to wait for the result only to find out they refuse our application. I'm still confused what to do or think of the application. I know my husband needs me but it's the embassy will give me the visa to be with him, but if that won't happen then it's very painful especially to my husband.

Do you know other same situation like mine that their application was approved even though the sponsor is disable?

The interview and procedural fairness was about our common law proofs not the age gap.

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
What was the procedural fairness letter for? What did they say in the interview?

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
If your husband has dementia, there's a questionable legal argument that he might not have the mental capacity to legally consent to sponsoring you. This is an area where a solid immigration attorney needs to advise you.

SAMANTALA

Dec 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What was the procedural fairness letter for? What did they say in the interview?
Procedural Fairness letter requesting to submit written explanation of our common law proofs. In the interview they asked me questions regarding our relationship, like when was our marriage date, his marriage date to ex-wife, how we met, how many visits etc...

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Procedural Fairness letter requesting to submit written explanation of our common law proofs. In the interview they asked me questions regarding our relationship, like when was our marriage date, his marriage date to ex-wife, how we met, how many visits etc...
Not sure what to say. They could be questioning the relationship and now that you told them he has dementia they may question further. Who knows. You will have to wait

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. You are probably going to need a very good immigration lawyer to respond to PFL. His dementia will certainly bring into question his ability to understand the undertaking he agreed to for sponsorship.

M

mikeymyke

You can do nothing but wait now. Its possible they could refuse based on your sponsor's condition or based on whether you've proven you're common law. Nobody will know until you get a letter from them

Reactions: scylla

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Our application was November 20, 2017 Outland Common Law Philippines. Sponsor SA January 30, 2018 Medical Done February 2, 2018 Procedural Fairness March 15 and Phone Interview embassy May 18.

At the interview, I told them the true condition of my husband/sponsor because they asked me how come after his last visit he do not visit me anymore. I do not want to say any alibi or reasons, I do not want to be charge as Misrepresentation, so I told them the truth.

Now, with my sponsor's condition, do you think, the officer will refuse our application???? He is currently at the home care. Because I do not want to wait for the result only to find out they refuse our application. I'm still confused what to do or think of the application. I know my husband needs me but it's the embassy will give me the visa to be with him, but if that won't happen then it's very painful especially to my husband.

Do you know other same situation like mine that their application was approved even though the sponsor is disable?

The interview and procedural fairness was about our common law proofs not the age gap.
If he's your husband so you're married, why are they asking about common-law proofs?

SAMANTALA

Dec 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he's your husband so you're married, why are they asking about common-law proofs?
Actually we got married November 6, 2012 Philippines but it was invalid for CIC coz his not Divorce yet at the time of the marriage, because he do not know it was not finalize. His Divorce Date was June 24, 2013. So our Spousal Application November 21, 2013 was refused. This was our second application but Common Law this time, November 20, 2017. I noticed the same month of application submission both were "November." I do not know what would be the result this time. I know my husband needs me by his side, but it's the embassy will give the decision.

His friend told me, they were trying to get him a Trustee.

M

mikeymyke

His dementia must be really bad for him to be getting a trustee, as he's clearly not of sound mind to make decisions, so they need to get him a trustee to do so. Does the trustee have to be a Canadian, and not you?

It's possible they could refuse the application due to the sponsor not understanding what he's signing. If you look at the declaration on one of the forms he had to sign, it says this:

Declaration: "I understand all the above statements, having asked for and obtained an explanation on every point that was not clear to me"

It's quite possible they may feel he's not of sound mind and could not have made that statement

SAMANTALA

Dec 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His dementia must be really bad for him to be getting a trustee, as he's clearly not of sound mind to make decisions, so they need to get him a trustee to do so. Does the trustee have to be a Canadian, and not you?

It's possible they could refuse the application due to the sponsor not understanding what he's signing. If you look at the declaration on one of the forms he had to sign, it says this:

Declaration: "I understand all the above statements, having asked for and obtained an explanation on every point that was not clear to me"

It's quite possible they may feel he's not of sound mind and could not have made that statement
Yes, the trustee is a Canadian. Thanks for the explanation, I will not expect anymore on the outcome of the application, I feel no positive.