+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor forms for Japan spouse

krisco

Aug 23, 2015
Hello:

I have a few questions regarding the sponsor/sponsorship checklist. (IMM5491) We understand we are to have the sponsorship approval first then we have a year to complete the PR process.

When I see the checklist, steps 1-6 to appear to need completion for sponsorship application and the principal applicant will have to complete steps (7-12.)

Are items 1 thru 6 to be completed and sent in with applicable evidence for the sponsorship stage of approval and 7 thru 12 for PR? or is this complete (items 1 - 12) checklist to be completed and sent in for sponsorship stage and another set of forms to complete for PR?

Thanks for any help. Appreciate it.

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
AOR2: 16th March 2015
File Transfer...
9th March 2015.E-cas in process: 22nd August 2015
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27th August 2015. DM : 27th August 2015.Passport sent:2nd Sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
my flight is on 19th Nov 2015 :)
krisco said:
Hello:

I have a few questions regarding the sponsor/sponsorship checklist. (IMM5491) We understand we are to have the sponsorship approval first then we have a year to complete the PR process.

When I see the checklist, steps 1-6 to appear to need completion for sponsorship application and the principal applicant will have to complete steps (7-12.)

Are items 1 thru 6 to be completed and sent in with applicable evidence for the sponsorship stage of approval and 7 thru 12 for PR? or is this complete (items 1 - 12) checklist to be completed and sent in for sponsorship stage and another set of forms to complete for PR?

Thanks for any help. Appreciate it.
Hi!

All the forms ( for the sponsor and PR applicant) need to be sent together. They are gonna review the forms for sponsor and after sponsor get approval then they gonna send the whole package to visa office that is gonna process the PR . Make sure you have everything that they need in the checklist and you'll be fine. If your application is incomplete, you might experiencing a delay in the process. And make sure you use the latest form (before you send your application, go to cic website and look for the date at the end of the forms)

Good luck!

krisco

Aug 23, 2015
Thank you so much for this info.

I find the CIC site very confusing but I am very thankful for the help I find here. You are all so great!

Will do - and again, thank you.

krisco

Aug 23, 2015
opps - One more question please after we discussed:

As the spouse is in Japan is it advisable to scan the docs to each other for completion and signatures or should we express mail back and forth the doc's that require multiple signatures? Just not sure how re-printed docs will fly with the application? Signatures can fad after a couple of PDF reproductions/printing. Or is this not an issue?

Thank you.