+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor for studies

Ayush Sharma

May 13, 2019
India
Hello guys.
Can you guys please tell who all can sponsor me to study at Canada. Can my maternal uncle sponsor me? And if I file visa under SDS with him as a sponsor, would it increase chances of rejection? Please reply.

foysal5

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Money is one of the key parts of Canadian study permit. So, visa officers never sacrifice in this ground. Being sponsor other than parents is not outside of requirement, but it rises a lot of questions.
First of all, why your maternal uncle will be your sponsor? Reason matters. For canadian study permit finance is the main part. Being supported from uncle means that your family doesn't have the financial ability to support your studies. You just want to enter canada by showing his money and you will never come back. That's how a visa officer thinks.

Ayush Sharma

May 13, 2019
India
Money is one of the key parts of Canadian study permit. So, visa officers never sacrifice in this ground. Being sponsor other than parents is not outside of requirement, but it rises a lot of questions.
First of all, why your maternal uncle will be your sponsor? Reason matters. For canadian study permit finance is the main part. Being supported from uncle means that your family doesn't have the financial ability to support your studies. You just want to enter canada by showing his money and you will never come back. That's how a visa officer thinks.
Hey @foysal5

Actually I've applied for the visa with my family Income of 6.6 lac INR approx. But my counselor adviced me to have some sponsor That is why, I'm asking. So can I make changes in the file that I've logded already?

foysal5

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
No need to change anything if you have explained everything properly. If your uncle is your co sponsor it's fine i guess. If your family income is 6.6 lacs per year then how much money they have saved for you? If you show large amount of money from this income then it will be a issue how your family has accumulated a lot of money.