+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Fiancee to canada

Jagmittel

Jun 15, 2021
Hi, I got engaged last year in November 2020 and i am planning to get married this year.
I am a Permanent Resident in Canada.
Is is possible that my wife could get Tourist visa once i get married and come to canada with me right after the marriage.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I got engaged last year in November 2020 and i am planning to get married this year.
I am a Permanent Resident in Canada.
Is is possible that my wife could get Tourist visa once i get married and come to canada with me right after the marriage.

Thanks
She can attempt to get a TRV. Normally would suggest applying before you get married for a better shot at securing the TRV but with covid things have changed.

Jagmittel

Jun 15, 2021
She can attempt to get a TRV. Normally would suggest applying before you get married for a better shot at securing the TRV but with covid things have changed.
So, does she needs to mention that she is my fiancee and wants to visit me in canada or mention that we are getting married at this date and we both wants to enter canada at this date?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So, does she needs to mention that she is my fiancee and wants to visit me in canada or mention that we are getting married at this date and we both wants to enter canada at this date?
Normally you wouldn't but because your relationship being established is needed to qualify for the travel exemption you would. If the travel exemption changes by the time then I wouldn't mention the fiancee but if you get married during processing you must updatr your relationship status.