Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
25-04-2014
Passport Req..
08-09-2014
Hi all
I need some help with filling out this question.

5) B) Previous Undertakings
ii)Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effeect (persons who have not yet become premenant residents)

My situation is kinda confusing because I had a previous undertaking sponsoring my previous common law partner. The previous application ended up getting rejected because we we did not provide enough supporting to prove the common law relationship, thus the undertaking never came into effect.

I am confused whether or not I should take that into account for the above question. Since the undertaking would never come into effect since the last application was rejected and we seperated. The question uses "yet" so it actually hints that eventually it will be in effect? :eek:. (Also the IMM 5481 guide mentioned "If you have signed undertakings in the past, you must provide some details about them. Follow the instructions on the form and be specific."

What do you guys think?

mpeng76

Dec 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BEIJING
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
25-04-2014
Passport Req..
08-09-2014
Any help is appreciated. Currently very lost :'(

I know the case is not very common but someone must have submitted a previous application before.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
I think logically looking at your situation I would say no to previous undertakings. CIC would have information about your prior sponsorship file, and they would know that the undertaking that was a part of the previous package will never be in effect.

You can attach a separate sheet of paper to that form giving an additional explanation to have some level of comfort that you are disclosing everything, but I do not think that is necessary.

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
mpeng76 said:
Any help is appreciated. Currently very lost :'(

I know the case is not very common but someone must have submitted a previous application before.
Hi mpeng76,

Because previous undertaking never actually took place it dosen't count at this time. Also immigration will be able to see this information in their system.

ASyed :-X