+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor died

Jan123

Dec 29, 2017
Me and my husband sponsored my Mather 4 years ago now she's canadian citizen she is 73 years old, no pantion, my husband past away, Can she get any assistance from social services thank you. Olga

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Me and my husband sponsored my Mather 4 years ago now she's canadian citizen she is 73 years old, no pantion, my husband past away, Can she get any assistance from social services thank you. Olga
1. If you co-signed the application, then you are still responsible.

"
May I have a co-signer?
Your spouse or common-law partner may help you meet the income requirement by co-signing the sponsorship application. A common-law partner is a person who is living with you in a conjugal relationship and has done so for at least one year prior to the signing of the undertaking.

The co-signer must:

• meet the same eligibility requirements as the sponsor;
  • agree to co-sign the undertaking;
  • agree to be responsible for the basic requirements of the person you want to sponsor and his or her family members for the validity period of the undertaking.
The co-signer will be equally liable if obligations are not performed."

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If she needs social assistance to survive, she should apply for it. If you are able to provide money for her to live, or to have her live with you, then you should do that. If she gets welfare, the government will expect you to pay it back. However, they do not always do anything. They might take any income tax overpayment. If you try to sponsor anyone else, you will certainly have to pay it back first.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is her mother therefore she would have been the sponsor and her husband would have been the co-sponsor. Unfortunately you have to support her for the next 16 years.