+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsor conjugal Phillipine

ireda

Aug 21, 2019
Hey everyone,

I am a canadian citizen born in canada. i meet a phillipine woman in my country lebanon. now she is in phillipine. her situation is that she was married before in phillipine and the divore in phillipine is difficult. i want to know what is the procedure to make in order for me to bring her to canada with me.

Thank you for your help :)

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hey everyone,

I am a canadian citizen born in canada. i meet a phillipine woman in my country lebanon. now she is in phillipine. her situation is that she was married before in phillipine and the divore in phillipine is difficult. i want to know what is the procedure to make in order for me to bring her to canada with me.

Thank you for your help :)
She will need to get divorced/annulment first in the Philippines before you could think of doing anything and this could take a long time because it's not easy to get a divorce in the PH's. Once she is legally divorced then you should go and visit her in the Philippines 2-3 times, built a history together, you will need to provide CIC with proof of communications and pictures also once you are married with her. I also heard about getting married in Hong Kong where it's easier, maybe somebody else could explain it better.

I know a Canadian that married a Filipina and they have known each other for several years while she was working in Dubai, they chatted all that time and he finally met her last year here in the PH's, he made like 3 trips here in the Philippines and he finally married her here in January, it was a simple wedding. They submitted their spousal application in February and she got her visa in June, so it's pretty fast.

Before thinking going over to the Philippines, make sure she is divorced or you are asking for big trouble. Please look at this link and read:

https://www.markblackard.com/dont-date-a-married-filipina-your-freedom-depends-on-it/

Last edited:

ireda

Aug 21, 2019
She will need to get divorced/annulment first in the Philippines before you could think of doing anything and this could take a long time because it's not easy to get a divorce in the PH's. Once she is legally divorced then you should go and visit her in the Philippines 2-3 times, built a history together, you will need to provide CIC with proof of communications and pictures also once you are married with her. I also heard about getting married in Hong Kong where it's easier, maybe somebody else could explain it better.

I know a Canadian that married a Filipina and they have known each other for several years while she was working in Dubai, they chatted all that time and he finally met her last year here in the PH's, he made like 3 trips here in the Philippines and he finally married her here in January, it was a simple wedding. They submitted their spousal application in February and she got her visa in June, so it's pretty fast.

Before thinking going over to the Philippines, make sure she is divorced or you are asking for big trouble. Please look at this link and read:

https://www.markblackard.com/dont-date-a-married-filipina-your-freedom-depends-on-it/
Thank you For your patience and time. I am new with the immigraton process and everything. i am trying to gather all the information i can have to make a good decision. i heard that she can apply for a Temporary Residence Visas (TRV) if she get accpeted we can stay together 1 year in canada to be considered conjugual partner. If she is denied TRV then we can process to spousal application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

Divorce/annulment is NOT required for a Canadian citizen or PR to sponsor a person from the Philippines, IF those people are in either a common-law or, subject to the eligibility criteria, a conjugal partnership. IRCC will accept a sponsorship application even if one of the sponsor or applicant are already married to someone else but are separated. Lots of threads in the forum on the subject.

Reactions: scylla

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you For your patience and time. I am new with the immigraton process and everything. i am trying to gather all the information i can have to make a good decision. i heard that she can apply for a Temporary Residence Visas (TRV) if she get accpeted we can stay together 1 year in canada to be considered conjugual partner. If she is denied TRV then we can process to spousal application.
Close but not quite correct. If you are able to live together for a year, it's a common-law relationship & sponsorship. If a legal or immigration barrier prevents this, it could be a a conjugal partner sponsorship instead.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Divorce/annulment is NOT required for a Canadian citizen or PR to sponsor a person from the Philippines, IF those people are in either a common-law or, subject to the eligibility criteria, a conjugal partnership. IRCC will accept a sponsorship application even if one of the sponsor or applicant are already married to someone else but are separated. Lots of threads in the forum on the subject.
The problem here is that he won't be able to marry her in the PH's... I was giving an example if he goes to the PH's and wants to marry her there.

ireda

Aug 21, 2019
if you guys can correct me. My option is to build a history of 1 year either if she can make it to canada or i go to phillipine to be considered common-law partner so i can sponsor her. if not i need to apply for conjugual but as i read on the forum the risk is really small to get accepted.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
if you guys can correct me. My option is to build a history of 1 year either if she can make it to canada or i go to phillipine to be considered common-law partner so i can sponsor her. if not i need to apply for conjugual but as i read on the forum the risk is really small to get accepted.
hm, if you read what I have told you earlier, she is still married even though they are not together anymore. She will be committing adultery and that is a very serious crime in the Philippines. Do not go there unless she is divorced and ask her to get a cenomar to prove it. There are other options to consider, look at Hong Kong.

ireda

Aug 21, 2019
Thank you to make me on the safe side. Then you are telling me that to build a history and be considered as common law partner is not possible in phillipine. This why people go to honk kong. Or apply for TRV to canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Lots of incorrect information. Your gf should first apply to see if she can get a TRV to visit Canada. If she is refused you can apply for conjugal. If you are both living in Lebanon you could live together for a year and be considered common law. She also could look into getting divorced in Lebanon and get remarried there. You’ll have to explore that option to see if it is possible. You will need collect very good proof of your marriage or relationship. You could be the same religions or different religions but the more unusual your relationship, culturally speaking, the more proof you should get. If you live together make sure to keep evidence of both being on the lease, both receiving bills and mail at the address. Collecting proof, taking pictures throughout the relationship, etc. is important for the relationship.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Lots of incorrect information. Your gf should first apply to see if she can get a TRV to visit Canada. If she is refused you can apply for conjugal. If you are both living in Lebanon you could live together for a year and be considered common law. She also could look into getting divorced in Lebanon and get remarried there. You’ll have to explore that option to see if it is possible. You will need collect very good proof of your marriage or relationship. You could be the same religions or different religions but the more unusual your relationship, culturally speaking, the more proof you should get. If you live together make sure to keep evidence of both being on the lease, both receiving bills and mail at the address. Collecting proof, taking pictures throughout the relationship, etc. is important for the relationship.
She is back in the Philippines.