+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSOR CHEATING ON ME :S

manofsteel

Jan 27, 2013
HI, im going to avoind to add my name here, i wanna go straight into my problem, i am latin and my wife is from quebec, we decided to get married, and shes my sponsor, we're a young couple 23 and 22, i have here in quebec 8 month, before getting married i dated my girl, we felt in love like crazy, and we decided to get married, she paid 3000 dollars for me to get here, i already have my resident, but after she started collage, she meet new friends, a very bad company, and they've been washing her brain, anyway, the thing is that, ive found many many maaaaaany times, my wife, on DATING WEBSITES, COMVERSATION WITH RANDOM GUYS ON HER IPAD, HER PHONE IS FULL OF RANDOM GUYS, LIKE COMVERSATIONS, THIS WASNT LIKE THIS BEFORE LIKE.. HEY BABY I MISS U, I WANNA BE WITH YOU, GIVEN AWAY HER PHONE, I CAUGHT her LIKE 5 TIMES NOW, AND WAO, SHES MY SPONSOR, I LOVE HER I MARRIED HER CUZ I LOVE HER, AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW, SHE BECAME A MONSTER, I STILL LOVE HER, BUT IM NOT AN IDIOT, I CANT BE WITH A PERSON LIKE THAT, ONE DAY I CAME HOME FROM WORK AND I FOUND A GUY SITTING DOWN ON MY SOFA WHEN I WAS AWAY, SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, I DONT WANNA LOSE MY RESIDENT, I JUST WANNA BE AWAY FROM HER, SHES NOT THE PERSON I MARRIED, SHES TOTALLY CHANGED, SHE DOSENT RESPECT ME, IVE TALKED TO HER, AND SHE SAYS, : OH I DONT LOVE U LIKE BEFORE, IM A TOTALLY DIFERENT PERSON, BUT I DONT WANT YOU OUT OF MY LIFE YOU STILL IMPORTANT FOR ME, GUYS, IVE BEEN A GOOD HUSBAND, I COOK, CLEAN, DO EVERYTHING FOR HER, I AM GOOD, AND I THINK THATS THE REASON WHY SHE DOSENT WANNA LEAVE ME, I STILL LOVE HER A LOT, BUT I JUST WANNA BE AWAY FROM HER, AND IM SCARED FOR LOSING MY RESIDENT, I EVEN HAVE SMALL PROVE ABOUT COMVERSATIONS WITH THOSE GUYS AND PIC OF HER HAVING A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK, DUNNO IF THAT CAN HELP ME, IM SO SCRREWD, ITS SAD, I FEEL LIKE A SH#$% I NEVER THOUGHT THAT SHE WAS GOING TO DO THAT, NORMALLY THE MAN DOES THOSE CAN OF SH$%... BUT IN THIS CASE IS RESERVE, WHAT CAN I DO???

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
If you have already "received" your PR, then you CANNOT lose it. Proceed as you will.

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
Hey manofsteel,

Sorry to hear that your relationship isn't going as planned. As far as I know (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong), you two can separate/divorce whatever, and you won't lose your PR status. For those people who filed an application after October 25, 2012, there is a 2 year requirement after landing in Canada to be in a relationship with your partner. However, by the sounds of it, your application was filed well before.

Thus, if you two decide it won't work, you can continue your life without her in Canada without issues from immigration.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
manofsteel said:
HI, im going to avoind to add my name here, i wanna go straight into my problem, i am latin and my wife is from quebec, we decided to get married, and shes my sponsor, we're a young couple 23 and 22, i have here in quebec 8 month, before getting married i dated my girl, we felt in love like crazy, and we decided to get married, she paid 3000 dollars for me to get here, i already have my resident, but after she started collage, she meet new friends, a very bad company, and they've been washing her brain, anyway, the thing is that, ive found many many maaaaaany times, my wife, on DATING WEBSITES, COMVERSATION WITH RANDOM GUYS ON HER IPAD, HER PHONE IS FULL OF RANDOM GUYS, LIKE COMVERSATIONS, THIS WASNT LIKE THIS BEFORE LIKE.. HEY BABY I MISS U, I WANNA BE WITH YOU, GIVEN AWAY HER PHONE, I CAUGHT her LIKE 5 TIMES NOW, AND WAO, SHES MY SPONSOR, I LOVE HER I MARRIED HER CUZ I LOVE HER, AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW, SHE BECAME A MONSTER, I STILL LOVE HER, BUT IM NOT AN IDIOT, I CANT BE WITH A PERSON LIKE THAT, ONE DAY I CAME HOME FROM WORK AND I FOUND A GUY SITTING DOWN ON MY SOFA WHEN I WAS AWAY, SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, I DONT WANNA LOSE MY RESIDENT, I JUST WANNA BE AWAY FROM HER, SHES NOT THE PERSON I MARRIED, SHES TOTALLY CHANGED, SHE DOSENT RESPECT ME, IVE TALKED TO HER, AND SHE SAYS, : OH I DONT LOVE U LIKE BEFORE, IM A TOTALLY DIFERENT PERSON, BUT I DONT WANT YOU OUT OF MY LIFE YOU STILL IMPORTANT FOR ME, GUYS, IVE BEEN A GOOD HUSBAND, I COOK, CLEAN, DO EVERYTHING FOR HER, I AM GOOD, AND I THINK THATS THE REASON WHY SHE DOSENT WANNA LEAVE ME, I STILL LOVE HER A LOT, BUT I JUST WANNA BE AWAY FROM HER, AND IM SCARED FOR LOSING MY RESIDENT, I EVEN HAVE SMALL PROVE ABOUT COMVERSATIONS WITH THOSE GUYS AND PIC OF HER HAVING A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK, DUNNO IF THAT CAN HELP ME, IM SO SCRREWD, ITS SAD, I FEEL LIKE A SH#$% I NEVER THOUGHT THAT SHE WAS GOING TO DO THAT, NORMALLY THE MAN DOES THOSE CAN OF SH$%... BUT IN THIS CASE IS RESERVE, WHAT CAN I DO???
Since you have landed, there is nothing she can do. If you leave her, that's fine. If you go back to your country and stay there and do not live in Canada for 3 years out of 5, then your PR will just expire. Otherwise, if you stay in Canada for 3 years, then apply for citizenship, you can.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
There is no reason for you to lose your PR status. You can leave her. If you stay in Canada, you can keep your PR status and eventually become a citizen if you want. If you choose to go home, your PR status will eventually expire. It is up to you - your wife cannot take away your PR status.

Keep what proof you can get that she has been cheating on you. Then if she reports you to CIC and says you married her just to get into Canada, you have something to defend yourself with. She may try to do this if you leave, but please believe us: she cannot get your PR status taken away. 1. you have been with her for too long in Canada. Someone in a real marriage of convenience would have left right away. 2. CIC does not investigate many cases of marriage fraud anyway, even when the fraud is obvious. Yours is not obvious, so there is very little chance they would investigate you. 3. you have the proof she was cheating on you, which is proof the marriage broke down, not proof it was a fake marriage.

Morina

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Man

Ur in a very bad situation as I see... want to hear my opinion?....

Find ur self a woman and u will see how she will turn to u then... believe me .. that's chemistry that connects people....

By the way, she's not ur sponsor man... she's ur wife... at least till u find ur self another woman....

But hey, find yourself a good one a boobie one( u know what I mean) if u want to get ur wife/ sponsor (I don't like to be called like this) back again...

Jealousy kills woman creature, believe me... :)

Good luck in finding yourself a boobie woman.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
These kind of messages always get me wondering what is not being said or what distortions or outright lies are included.

The reason is that if I was in a situation like that and was worried about my PR, I would simply say that I was contemplating divorce and wanted to know if that would affect my PR. There is no need for me to air my dirty laundry in public, and no need to vilify my spouse in public. When people come on here and do so it makes me wonder what the motivation is.

His story may be true, but how do we know? I kind of wonder if he works since from his "cook and clean" it sounds like he stays home. Maybe his wife doesn't think he is the man she married. Regardless you can't blame people for trying to pick apart the story since HE put it out there in the first place.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
We only hear one side of the story. There's always another side.

To boil things down, a lot of people are worried about their PR. Yeah, people come here and say "Just go home!" If your 'home' is a third world country with civil wars, strict religious rules, and/or desolute poverty - I wouldn't want to go 'home' either! Even minimum wage fast food, living in a dump in Canada is better than many places in the world....... so consider that too.

As long as the applicant entered into Canada in a genuine relationship, it doesn't matter why the relationship ended. If s/he wants to stay in Canada, for whatever reason, it's his/her business.

And it's not our job to determine if these relationships are real or fake. That's what the VOs are for. Sure, there are some that stink - and I've called some out myself - but in the end, we are not the people paid to determine these things (for the most part, because I understand a few users are employed with CIC).

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think we are spending too much time on a single post by the author. The author never responded to the subsequent posts.

The Senior Members already stated that, the poster PR status can't be revoked since he already came here by proving his and his wife's relationship was genuine. Now if he doesn't want to keep the PR status, he can always leave Canada or not renew his PR.

No point making judgment about what their relationship was like/ is like etc etc. After all, this forum is for people who wants to bring their spouse here in Canada NOT about people who is already here.

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
scos said:
These kind of messages always get me wondering what is not being said or what distortions or outright lies are included.

The reason is that if I was in a situation like that and was worried about my PR, I would simply say that I was contemplating divorce and wanted to know if that would affect my PR. There is no need for me to air my dirty laundry in public, and no need to vilify my spouse in public. When people come on here and do so it makes me wonder what the motivation is.

His story may be true, but how do we know? I kind of wonder if he works since from his "cook and clean" it sounds like he stays home. Maybe his wife doesn't think he is the man she married. Regardless you can't blame people for trying to pick apart the story since HE put it out there in the first place.
I do agree with scos, bad situation or not he should have just gotten to the point and asked about the possibility of his PR status changing. Going into details about what is or is not happening was unnecessary.

MzTee

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
I totally agree with you,scos.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manofsteel said:
HI, im going to avoind to add my name here, i wanna go straight into my problem, i am latin and my wife is from quebec, we decided to get married, and shes my sponsor, we're a young couple 23 and 22, i have here in quebec 8 month, before getting married i dated my girl, we felt in love like crazy, and we decided to get married, she paid 3000 dollars for me to get here, i already have my resident, but after she started collage, she meet new friends, a very bad company, and they've been washing her brain, anyway, the thing is that, ive found many many maaaaaany times, my wife, on DATING WEBSITES, COMVERSATION WITH RANDOM GUYS ON HER IPAD, HER PHONE IS FULL OF RANDOM GUYS, LIKE COMVERSATIONS, THIS WASNT LIKE THIS BEFORE LIKE..
Before I give you my advice, I'm just really curious to know why you suddenly flipped into ALL CAPS MODE about a third of the way into your post.

Now, here's my take on it:

1) stop whining
2) grow a pair
3) file for divorce

If you already have your PR status, you're not going to lose it. So the only question left to answer is: do you really want to stay with someone who's been cheating on you and has flat out told you that she doesn't love you anymore?