+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor a Sister???????

bestguy

Jul 5, 2007
I am a Canadian citizen, of Syrian origin, living in Quebec with my parents since 1999. I will like to explain my problem maybe someone of you can help or give an idea that might help .
In fact, my brother, that came to the Canada in first, we sponsored, my parents and me. My sister, that could not be sponsored remained in Syria all alone. This position we to caused a lot of problems, for my sister no longer has person in Syria. But we were said that she will do a residence request permanent and that she will be able to come later.
she applied to visit us 9 times and she got refused, even if all his family already is here. they said and told her you will never come back, she has a house that she rents . She has enough money in the bank. All that she wants now this is to come to visit to see her family.everytime she applays for a visa she get a refuse ,I got married last year and I sent to her an invitation letter and even this did not work.
We spoke with immigration Quebec and Canada, to have solutions, but everyone says no way thats not logical . Impossible to sponsor, not any program to unite the family, nothing to help us. We have to spend a lot of money in consultation with lawyers, and no result. i dont mind to pay at least i get a trust from someone .
My parents and me let us are here since almost eight years. My wife, was born to the Quebec, and his vicinity family 80 persons are here for 30 years. We work all, pay taxes, are house owner, never were on the social assistance, or on the job insurance .
This position causes a lot of problems and of stress to my parents, that are old enough. The most serious one in all this history my father went in christmas to celebrate with my sister so she will be not all alone, it did hit by a car, had a break of the skull and does a hemorrhage. he had two operations and cannot return right away, because of the seriousness of its injuries. 2 months ago, my father and my sister went to the embassy of Canada in Syria to do a request that my sister can accompany my father to his return to canada,and she got refused also,they told her never to apply. If my father died from his accident, I would blame the Canadian government.
I did not see my sister for twelve years. I cannot go to see it in Syria, since I did not do my military service and you know the tension that exists to the average east. Therefore, I no longer will see never my sister. Find you this logical position?
What must we do? do i have to be alone here and my parents live with her?
i realy dont understand this government who brings all the immigrants here and dont alow me to see or sponsor my sister unreal to see all the doors closed like this iam not able also to pay more money for fake answers from consultations,i know there is a way and a good lawyer can do something but where is the honest guy?
i realy dont understand why they dont allow to sponsor a family member to family reunification unreal to much immigrants out there want to bring there family isnt better for them than brining unknown immigrants.
i have a special case and i know others have it too. but there is a key out there to solve it, many lawyers told me about Humanitarian immigration but 50/50 .
quebec doesnt have thing called noomine program too bad.
we are all canadian execpt her and the goverment doesnt understand that a member of family all alone is there.
i dont care if someone marry her to come here. he has to go there to marry her to make everything real. if u have someone let me know.
i still believe there is a way and a good lawyer can handle it according to his expereince and connection .
all i can say we have a bad luck to be in quebec to late.

Gagan 55

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
I am a Canadian citizen, of Syrian origin, living in Quebec with my parents since 1999. I will like to explain my problem maybe someone of you can help or give an idea that might help .
In fact, my brother, that came to the Canada in first, we sponsored, my parents and me. My sister, that could not be sponsored remained in Syria all alone. This position we to caused a lot of problems, for my sister no longer has person in Syria. But we were said that she will do a residence request permanent and that she will be able to come later.
she applied to visit us 9 times and she got refused, even if all his family already is here. they said and told her you will never come back, she has a house that she rents . She has enough money in the bank. All that she wants now this is to come to visit to see her family.everytime she applays for a visa she get a refuse ,I got married last year and I sent to her an invitation letter and even this did not work.
We spoke with immigration Quebec and Canada, to have solutions, but everyone says no way thats not logical . Impossible to sponsor, not any program to unite the family, nothing to help us. We have to spend a lot of money in consultation with lawyers, and no result. i dont mind to pay at least i get a trust from someone .
My parents and me let us are here since almost eight years. My wife, was born to the Quebec, and his vicinity family 80 persons are here for 30 years. We work all, pay taxes, are house owner, never were on the social assistance, or on the job insurance .
This position causes a lot of problems and of stress to my parents, that are old enough. The most serious one in all this history my father went in christmas to celebrate with my sister so she will be not all alone, it did hit by a car, had a break of the skull and does a hemorrhage. he had two operations and cannot return right away, because of the seriousness of its injuries. 2 months ago, my father and my sister went to the embassy of Canada in Syria to do a request that my sister can accompany my father to his return to canada,and she got refused also,they told her never to apply. If my father died from his accident, I would blame the Canadian government.
I did not see my sister for twelve years. I cannot go to see it in Syria, since I did not do my military service and you know the tension that exists to the average east. Therefore, I no longer will see never my sister. Find you this logical position?
What must we do? do i have to be alone here and my parents live with her?
i realy dont understand this government who brings all the immigrants here and dont alow me to see or sponsor my sister unreal to see all the doors closed like this iam not able also to pay more money for fake answers from consultations,i know there is a way and a good lawyer can do something but where is the honest guy?
i realy dont understand why they dont allow to sponsor a family member to family reunification unreal to much immigrants out there want to bring there family isnt better for them than brining unknown immigrants.
i have a special case and i know others have it too. but there is a key out there to solve it, many lawyers told me about Humanitarian immigration but 50/50 .
quebec doesnt have thing called noomine program too bad.
we are all canadian execpt her and the goverment doesnt understand that a member of family all alone is there.
i dont care if someone marry her to come here. he has to go there to marry her to make everything real. if u have someone let me know.
i still believe there is a way and a good lawyer can handle it according to his expereince and connection .
all i can say we have a bad luck to be in quebec to late.
Can i know now your sister is in canada or not ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can i know now your sister is in canada or not ?
His sister was too old to be included as a dependent in the parent sponsorship application - so no, it would not have been possible to sponsor her.

Gagan 55

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
His sister was too old to be included as a dependent in the parent sponsorship application - so no, it would not have been possible to sponsor her.
Brdr can i know that i aam having my friend whos sister is in canada and her sister is not having any of her relatives or any kind of relationship in canada can she sponsor her brother (my friend)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Brdr can i know that i aam having my friend whos sister is in canada and her sister is not having any of her relatives or any kind of relationship in canada can she sponsor her brother (my friend)
Is she married or in a common law relationship?
Does she have children?
Are either one or both of her parents still alive?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She is having no marriage and both of her parents are alive
It's not possible then. Both of her parents would need to be deceased.

If the brother (your friend) is under 22 years old and she qualifies to sponsor her parents, she could sponsor her parents and include your friend as a dependent.

If he is 22 years old or older - there are no options for her to sponsor him. He has to qualify on his own.

Reactions: YVR123

Gagan 55

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
It's not possible then. Both of her parents would need to be deceased.

If the brother (your friend) is under 22 years old and she qualifies to sponsor her parents, she could sponsor her parents and include your friend as a dependent.

If he is 22 years old or older - there are no options for her to sponsor him. He has to qualify on his own.
Yes my friend is i think 18 years of age but i listened that he should be under 18 years or age Is their is any change in rule that bow its is 22 years of age? Now if he is under 22 then he can apply with his parents via sponser ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes my friend is i think 18 years of age but i listened that he should be under 18 years or age Is their is any change in rule that bow its is 22 years of age? Now if he is under 22 then he can apply with his parents via sponser ?
You're looking at the orphan rule. That's the wrong rule. The age for dependents in parent sponsorship applications is under 22.

Before his sister can sponsor his parents (and include him in the application), she must first work in Canada for three years and make enough income to meet the low income cut off requirements for at least three years in a row. Once she meets these income requirements, she must apply to be selected to sponsor her parents (there are only a limited number of applications accepted each year). This process is not open right now and will re-open again sometime in early January next year. His sister should research the process now to determine if she qualifies and what it will take to apply.

Gagan 55

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
You're looking at the orphan rule. That's the wrong rule. The age for dependents in parent sponsorship applications is under 22.

Before his sister can sponsor his parents (and include him in the application), she must first work in Canada for three years and make enough income to meet the low income cut off requirements for at least three years in a row. Once she meets these income requirements, she must apply to be selected to sponsor her parents (there are only a limited number of applications accepted each year). This process is not open right now and will re-open again sometime in early January next year. His sister should research the process now to determine if she qualifies and what it will take to apply.
Okay brdr thank you so much for your precious time and can i know are u a agent or immigration expert And from which country ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Okay brdr thank you so much for your precious time and can i know are u a agent or immigration expert And from which country ?
No - I'm not an agent.