+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsering Zimbabwean Common-law from UK

klynn86

Dec 7, 2007
I'm living common-law with my boyfriend who I've been with for almost 1.5 years. We have been living together almost a year now in London and I want to sponser him to come to Canada as we want to settle down there.

I know you are checked as a sponser and one of the things checked is income. Is the income that they look at one that is made while in Canada, or do they look at your income if you are living abroad? I came to the UK right after graduation and had a job lined up before my schooling ended. I've been here employed since arrival almost a year ago as a early childhood teacher, and bring in a good income, but I'm not sure if Canada will look at it since it wasn't within the country? Does anybody know??

T

TaaDow

While there is no Financial Requirement for spousal sponsorship, officers still like to see that you can support yourself and your family and are likely to be able to continue doing so when you return to Canada.

Providing an explanation of your job and income along with some form of evidence (letter of employ, paystubs, tax forms, etc...) should be sufficient to satisfy the officer.

This is specifically for those CC's living abroad. Those sponsors living in Canada still should be providing the Option C tax form and letters of employment.