+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsering british husband

Hafsa12345

May 26, 2017
My husband and I filled out all the forms and we are close to submitting them. My only concern is I have a lease showing we live together and a joint phone bill, bank statements and internet bills. Is that enough for supporting documents. My husband thinks if I get my drivers license and he gets his Ontario ID and we submit that we will have a stronger case. Doing those two last things will take an additional 3 to 4 weeks. Any ideas if we should just go ahead or will that help us get approved more quickly.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband and I filled out all the forms and we are close to submitting them. My only concern is I have a lease showing we live together and a joint phone bill, bank statements and internet bills. Is that enough for supporting documents. My husband thinks if I get my drivers license and he gets his Ontario ID and we submit that we will have a stronger case. Doing those two last things will take an additional 3 to 4 weeks. Any ideas if we should just go ahead or will that help us get approved more quickly.
That is not going to help you get approved faster. Submit now.

Reactions: msb

Hafsa12345

May 26, 2017
Let me rephrase, so we think that we may not get approved or don't have a strong case if we don't add the ID's.
We've been married for more then two years have a kid together and we live in Canada. still think we should just submit?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Let me rephrase, so we think that we may not get approved or don't have a strong case if we don't add the ID's.
We've been married for more then two years have a kid together and we live in Canada. still think we should just submit?
Not sure why you think that having matching IDs would make or break your app or make it that much stronger.

Submit your app.

Reactions: msb

djmiles

Sep 6, 2017
I am British and am being sponsored by my common-law Canadian girlfriend.

We submitted our tenancy agreement, a recent council tax bill with our names on it, and also an electricity bill with my name, and a phone bill with her name on.

Sounds like you have more than enough. Submit.