Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Hi All,

trying to plan ahead, I'll really appreciate your help.

I finally got the golden email 2 weeks ago, and my wife and I will do the Landing in October.
I'm the main applicant, and my wife is a Dependent.
After the landing we're coming back to our home country and the plan is to give birth here (with the family and all), and only 6 months after that move to Canada.
We will be able to sponser our newborn? what's the process?
Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

trying to plan ahead, I'll really appreciate your help.

I finally got the golden email 2 weeks ago, and my wife and I will do the Landing in October.
I'm the main applicant, and my wife is a Dependent.
After the landing we're coming back to our home country and the plan is to give birth here (with the family and all), and only 6 months after that move to Canada.
We will be able to sponser our newborn? what's the process?
Thanks,
Either your or your wife must be living in Canada to sponsor the child. You can apply for a TRV or TRP to bring the child to Canada. If it's approved, you would bring the child to Canada and then apply to sponsor the child once you are all here. If it's refused, then either you or your wife will have to travel to Canada ahead of the rest of the family to sponsor the child for PR - and then remain in Canada while the sponsorship application is processed. Processing should take around 6 months.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Yes. You would be able to sponsor your new born, however please note:

1. At lease one of the parents will need to stay in Canada while newborn's PR is being processed. Short trips outside of Canada are OK but primary residence of one or both parents should be Canada for the duration newborn's PR is being processed.

2. Generally it's difficult for PR parents to bring their non-PR newborn to Canada on TRV/TRP visa. However, looks like Israeli Citizens ( your newborn) can enter Canada for 90 days without visa and then you are apply for his/her TRV extension.

3. You might want to check if you will get CCB and other benefits until child becomes PR. Also, you will need to pay for child's healthcare through pocket for few "extra" months until Sponsorship approval comes.

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Yes. You would be able to sponsor your new born, however please note:

1. At lease one of the parents will need to stay in Canada while newborn's PR is being processed. Short trips outside of Canada are OK but primary residence of one or both parents should be Canada for the duration newborn's PR is being processed.

2. Generally it's difficult for PR parents to bring their non-PR newborn to Canada on TRV/TRP visa. However, looks like Israeli Citizens ( your newborn) can enter Canada for 90 days without visa and then you are apply for his/her TRV extension.

3. You might want to check if you will get CCB and other benefits until child becomes PR. Also, you will need to pay for child's healthcare through pocket for few "extra" months until Sponsorship approval comes.
Thanks a lot!

So yeah, we plan on having the baby in Israel so we can get help from the family the healthcare system we know and trust, and only 6 months afterwards move to Canada permenantly.
It's my understanding that I have to apply within Canada for sponsership, but don't the baby have to go through medical exams and other stuff at the land of origin first?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Thanks a lot!

So yeah, we plan on having the baby in Israel so we can get help from the family the healthcare system we know and trust, and only 6 months afterwards move to Canada permenantly.
It's my understanding that I have to apply within Canada for sponsership, but don't the baby have to go through medical exams and other stuff at the land of origin first?
No. Medical exams can be done in Canada. Medical requests will come couple of months after application for child PR has been filed.