+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Splitting name in passport

zimzakzuk

Jun 26, 2017
I just received ITA in last draw and currently I am filling the permanent residence form. In my old passport my complete name was in Given name and Surname was blank. I am currently residing in US on work visa and using First name - FNU and Surname - <My Complate Name>. Recently I got my name split in the new passport and I used the same in my express entry application. My question is do I need to put my name with FNU - Has this person ever used any other name? in the PR form. Is there any other document that I need to submit explaining the splitting of my name?

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
I would recommend that you use your primary name as mentioned in your latest current passport.

However, there is a section that asks if you have used other names, which you could use to clarify your situation. Typically, if you say that you have used a different name, then the document upload section (this comes after you have completed all forms post ITA), asks you for a legal name change document where you could include a one and same person affidavit (sample - http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/sample-one-same-person-affidavit.html).

Please note, the more clear information you provide in this affidavit (I personally, included an LoE as well mentioning the situation), the better case it will build for you.

I cannot guarantee that this is ALL that you need to do, since I am not in this specific situation, but this could be a starting point. Please look at existing threads by using the search feature on the forums.

-S.

Reactions: zimzakzuk