+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spelling of name on birth certificate different than passport

Meskenah

Dec 3, 2012
Hello,

My problem is that my name on my birth certificate does not match that on my passport and other documents. I can't re-issue another birth certificate with the correct spelling of my name. I've seen here that some people recommended submitting high school certificate as proof of identity; however my last name was written slightly differently back then. Any recommendations on what I should do? How can I prove that the birth certificate is mine despite the different spelling of names?

Thanks!

Panna

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
DETROIT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2012
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
07-07-2012
Med's Request
07-09-12
Med's Done....
16-09-12
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
02-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2012
LANDED..........
28-11-2012
Meskenah said:
Hello,

My problem is that my name on my birth certificate does not match that on my passport and other documents. I can't re-issue another birth certificate with the correct spelling of my name. I've seen here that some people recommended submitting high school certificate as proof of identity; however my last name was written slightly differently back then. Any recommendations on what I should do? How can I prove that the birth certificate is mine despite the different spelling of names?

Thanks!
There is a very simple way out ....my spouse doesn't have her name on her birth certificate....just go to a lawyer, take both your passport and birth certificate and any other identity doc ...he/she will create an affidavit stating that birth certificate belongs to you ....that's it .... that's what we did and there is no prob.....

Reactions: OlatunjiSeye