+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spelling error on CoPR and Visa...seniors please help....

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received both my PP and CoPR today...I found that my last name spelled incorrectly on both of my Visa and CoPR...my name is spelled for example instead of writing it as "Serlous" they have written it as " Srelous"...that means 'r' should be written after 'e'....My friend received my PP in Canada who brought it for me to my home country which is different than Canada and did not noticed it at the first place....please advice me what am i supposed to do now???? Thank you....

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help if you have any idea what should i do now...I am really anxious...your help will be highly appreciated...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Arhaan said:
Please help if you have any idea what should i do now...I am really anxious...your help will be highly appreciated...
Send an URGENT "case specific enquiry" to the Visa Office that did your processing. They will tell you what to do. If you don't get a quick response, (a few days), send the enquiry again. It's quite possible that you will have to return both the PP and COPR to be corrected.

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
Send an URGENT "case specific enquiry" to the Visa Office that did your processing. They will tell you what to do. If you don't get a quick response, (a few days), send the enquiry again. It's quite possible that you will have to return both the PP and COPR to be corrected.
I am in a different country and it is close to impossible for me to send my PP again to them as none of my friends or family is planning to travel there...I am really confused and frustrated...My wife and my son's name is correct in their CoPR and Visa...it's only with my name...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm sorry, but my advice remains the same. Raise a "case specific enquiry". What happens after that will be up to CIC.
I had to send my CoPR back because they got it wrong. I am still waiting for the corrected one to come back. I know how you are feeling, but there is little that you can do.

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
I'm sorry, but my advice remains the same. Raise a "case specific enquiry". What happens after that will be up to CIC.
I had to send my CoPR back because they got it wrong. I am still waiting for the corrected one to come back. I know how you are feeling, but there is little that you can do.
Hey can you explain what actually went wrong with your CoPR...Also are you in Canada???

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I remember to read a thread about spelling error in CoPR and Visa in this forum around six months ago...the lady did not mention it to the CIC and went into land at Toronto Pearson Airport where the Immigration Officer corrected the spelling before S/he printed the original CoPR...now I am not sure how feasible that story was...anybody has any comments???

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Arhaan said:
Hey can you explain what actually went wrong with your CoPR...Also are you in Canada???
Mine was more serious because they imposed a "conditional PR" clause when they should not have. It was an administrative error and not just a typing error. No, I'm in the UK.

waiting84

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Request
08-06-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
25-06-2013
Did the same mistake appear in emails that CIC sent you? if not, they won't take too long to correct it I guess.

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
Arhaan said:
I remember to read a thread about spelling error in CoPR and Visa in this forum around six months ago...the lady did not mention it to the CIC and went into land at Toronto Pearson Airport where the Immigration Officer corrected the spelling before S/he printed the original CoPR...now I am not sure how feasible that story was...anybody has any comments???
This is one of those awesome decision making questions. I'll lay out the cost benefits of your options, you'll have to decide what's best for you. But remember, you've come a long way. These are just spelling errors which will be corrected. So don't stress. I had an error on my CPR as well, but it was minor (last entry date was wrong) but I faced the same choices as you. there are only 2 choices.

1. Try to connect with an agent through email and seek suggestions (you'll likely be recommended to sent it back given the type of error.) I sent mine back without even asking, but then sent a followup email. A VO called me and confirmed that I didn't need to send it back because the error wasn't in the critical data (like yours) and that I'd be able to land just fine. So they sent mine back without any corrections/amendments. I landed, told the officer about the error, and he still didn't correct it, so I guess it wasn't a big deal at all.

1b. Send it back (figure out a way) and wait for it to be corrected. You have probably until your medicals expire to land. If this is more than 3 months, you should probably send it back. It does mean waiting more, incurring additional expenses, and stressing over sending your passports overseas, but you should be an expert at that at this point.

2. Try to land with the errors and plead ignorance when the officer either notices it him/herself or asks you to confirm that there are no errors. "Oh noooo officer. My name is spelled incorrectly! I must have just skimmed it instead of reading it carefully. My heavens!" He may correct it right there, and you would have avoided sending your passport back, and waiting probably another 2 months. Downside is he may send you back home, as the error is a major one.

That's it.
But whatever you do, remember that you're now almost done. Just minor administrative headaches.

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiting84 said:
Did the same mistake appear in emails that CIC sent you? if not, they won't take too long to correct it I guess.
I checked the email and found the name spelled just fine and correctly...thank you for your concern and congrats as you have received your PP as well...TC

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OHKIDDA said:
This is one of those awesome decision making questions. I'll lay out the cost benefits of your options, you'll have to decide what's best for you. But remember, you've come a long way. These are just spelling errors which will be corrected. So don't stress. I had an error on my CPR as well, but it was minor (last entry date was wrong) but I faced the same choices as you. there are only 2 choices.

1. Try to connect with an agent through email and seek suggestions (you'll likely be recommended to sent it back given the type of error.) I sent mine back without even asking, but then sent a followup email. A VO called me and confirmed that I didn't need to send it back because the error wasn't in the critical data (like yours) and that I'd be able to land just fine. So they sent mine back without any corrections/amendments. I landed, told the officer about the error, and he still didn't correct it, so I guess it wasn't a big deal at all.

1b. Send it back (figure out a way) and wait for it to be corrected. You have probably until your medicals expire to land. If this is more than 3 months, you should probably send it back. It does mean waiting more, incurring additional expenses, and stressing over sending your passports overseas, but you should be an expert at that at this point.

2. Try to land with the errors and plead ignorance when the officer either notices it him/herself or asks you to confirm that there are no errors. "Oh noooo officer. My name is spelled incorrectly! I must have just skimmed it instead of reading it carefully. My heavens!" He may correct it right there, and you would have avoided sending your passport back, and waiting probably another 2 months. Downside is he may send you back home, as the error is a major one.

That's it.
But whatever you do, remember that you're now almost done. Just minor administrative headaches.
Hey thank you so much for your concern and advice... After reviewing so many threads in this forum and others i have decided that I will choose your 3rd options...Since all the information including PP number and DOB is correct on both the Visa and CoPR i hope it won't be a problem for Immigration Officer to correct it right away...

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arhaan said:
Hey thank you so much for your concern and advice... After reviewing so many threads in this forum and others i have decided that I will choose your 3rd options...Since all the information including PP number and DOB is correct on both the Visa and CoPR i hope it won't be a problem for Immigration Officer to correct it right away...
Please update this thread with your experience once you complete your landing.

Azhra amreen

Oct 10, 2017
Hey there is an error in my children’s copr.both of their photographs are replaced , all the other details are correct except that the photos are interchanged
In my son’s copr daughters photo is paSted and vise versa
I emailed their copr to the visa office in Delhi India and it’s been around 2 weeks and they are not responding.what do I do ?
Any suggestions please !!!