+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spelling error in COPR

dgo

Mar 2, 2016
Hi, I received my COPR today. However, the place of birth in my COPR is misspelled (VISAKHAPATNA without the M in the end). What should i do about this?

subhapriya

Oct 5, 2017
hello , what have you done about the error. i have an error in my COPR document too. its in my marital status and i have yt to hear back from them.

sat8979

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hi, I received my COPR today. However, the place of birth in my COPR is misspelled (VISAKHAPATNA without the M in the end). What should i do about this?
Best ignore it if you plan to land soon, may be in next two months. It isn't a serious mistake.

However, if you have time, just send an email to the VO and see what they say.

subhapriya

Oct 5, 2017
i had mentioned my marital status as divorced in my application and my COPR document has been given as married. have emailed them. my visa is expiring on jan 11th 2018 and i have to travel by dec end. dont know how to proceed

subhapriya

Oct 5, 2017
Suggest you raise a CSE asap and also send an email to VO. Marital status is indeed a critical info.
my agent has suggested to raise a CSE but they are working on it. got my COPR yesterday and worried because my visa is expiring on Jan 11 and they sent an email saying they will take 30 working days to get back to me when i sent an email to the delhi immigration office.

sat8979

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
i had mentioned my marital status as divorced in my application and my COPR document has been given as married. have emailed them. my visa is expiring on jan 11th 2018 and i have to travel by dec end. dont know how to proceed
I presume you sent the email recently. It usually takes them 3-4 weeks to get back to you. Resend another email after 2 weeks with URGENT in the title.

I suggest book your ticket after they reply. I am sure they will be able to provide you extension as well.

subhapriya

Oct 5, 2017
I presume you sent the email recently. It usually takes them 3-4 weeks to get back to you. Resend another email after 2 weeks with URGENT in the title.

I suggest book your ticket after they reply. I am sure they will be able to provide you extension as well.
thank you so much. i will do that. they have said 30 working days. but they really do take their time .

chintanapatel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW

Hi Sat8979,
I have the same error in my COPR - marital status mentioned as Married, but I am a divorcee. Had mentioned the same in my Express Entry profile and also uploaded my divorce decree with my application. New Delhi visa office. I have raised a CSE on Sept 18 2017, so I will wait until October end to hear back from them.
Could you please let me know if this can be corrected by the visa officer at the Port of Entry (Toronto), or should I get it corrected first and land only after that? I have a lot of time, as my deadline to land in Canada is June 24 2018.
Thank you.

Reactions: subhapriya

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
Return your passport with a covering note explaining about it.

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
Hi Sat8979,
I have the same error in my COPR - marital status mentioned as Married, but I am a divorcee. Had mentioned the same in my Express Entry profile and also uploaded my divorce decree with my application. New Delhi visa office. I have raised a CSE on Sept 18 2017, so I will wait until October end to hear back from them.
Could you please let me know if this can be corrected by the visa officer at the Port of Entry (Toronto), or should I get it corrected first and land only after that? I have a lot of time, as my deadline to land in Canada is June 24 2018.
Thank you.
you are suppose to check your passports immediately after visa endorsement.Its a serious error.Return your passport immediately explaining about this.

Reactions: chintanapatel

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
Hi Sat8979,
Thank you.
Get it rectified from New Delhi office before departure.
If you travel then there are lot of hassles awaiting on your arrival in Canada.Immigration officers will seek explanation on this.You ll have to run from pillar to post for this rectification.Lot of forms and undertakings to be signed.Your PR card and SSN might also get delayed.In some cases people found difficulty even in opening their bank accounts.

Last edited:

chintanapatel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Get it rectified from New Delhi office before departure.
If you travel then there are lot of hassles awaiting on your arrival in Canada.Immigration officers will seek explanation on this.You ll have to run from pillar to post for this rectification.Lot of forms and undertakings to be signed.Your PR card and SSN might also get delayed.In some cases people found difficulty even in opening their bank accounts.
Thank you, relyris. Really appreciate it. :)
Waiting to hear back from New Delhi office via email until the end of this month. Then I will send back my passport, original COPR and 2 photographs along with divorce decree copy to them via VFSGlobal Office, who sent my passport to them last time, too. Anyway, they can refer to the divorce decree uploaded in my documents, but will send a copy with the passport for their easy perusal. Thanks, again.

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
The missing M is not a mistake usually the last lettera of the place of birth are truncated due to small space. If there is no mistake then you can proceed ahead

chintanapatel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
The missing M is not a mistake usually the last lettera of the place of birth are truncated due to small space. If there is no mistake then you can proceed ahead
Hi Amar,
Would I also receive an email/call from NDVO asking me to resend my passport and COPR via VFS office like in your case? My 30-day period ends on October 18, 2017, since I had raised a CSE on Sept 18 2017. Thanks, and congrats on getting your issue taken care of.