+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Speed up the process for Police Certificate Request Letter

dhana

Mar 12, 2013
Hi,

I need some enlightements

So I'm applying for PR through CEC program, and it seems like I need a Police Certificate from Singapore - I'm not a Singaporean citizen and I live in Canada under a work permit.

I've read from other threads that I can submit my CEC application without the Police Certificate? Which later they will send me an email asking for a Police Certificate from Singapore along with the request letter and COC Appeal Application Form. Is that correct?

My questions though:
  • It takes 3 months for them to start processing an application, does that means my application would be pushed to the back of the line, and wait another 3 months after they receive the Police Certificate to start processing it?
  • The instruction also says "Please note that the Certificate of Clearance (COC) will be mailed directly to the Canadian immigration office requesting the certificate.". What does the Canadian Immigration Office mean here? the office I send my application to? that means I don't have to send it myself?
  • How long this Police Certificate request process will take?

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Dhana

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dhana said:
So I'm applying for PR through CEC program, and it seems like I need a Police Certificate from Singapore - I'm not a Singaporean citizen and I live in Canada under a work permit.

I've read from other threads that I can submit my CEC application without the Police Certificate? Which later they will send me an email asking for a Police Certificate from Singapore along with the request letter and COC Appeal Application Form. Is that correct?

You should have read the information provided directly by CIC -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

• It takes 3 months for them to start processing an application, does that means my application would be pushed to the back of the line, and wait another 3 months after they receive the Police Certificate to start processing it?

No, but in any case, there's no alternative.

• The instruction also says "Please note that the Certificate of Clearance (COC) will be mailed directly to the Canadian immigration office requesting the certificate.". What does the Canadian Immigration Office mean here? the office I send my application to? that means I don't have to send it myself?

Again, read the instructions provided by CIC.
[/list]

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
I just received my email request for Singapore Police Clearance certificate (I'm a Singaporean). Anyway, this is part of the email content.

======================

The Singapore police are no longer routinely issuing Certificates of Clearance to non-citizens. In order to obtain a Certificate of Clearance you must submit to the Singapore Police Force (SPF) a copy of this letter, the attached appeal form attached to this e-mail (pdf document) and copies of your current and old passports or other documents confirming your stay in Singapore to the following e-mail address:
spf_cid_coc@spf.gov.sg

It can also be submitted by postal mail to:

Head Criminal Records (CID)
Singapore Police Force
COC Office
Police Cantonment Complex
Block D, #02-07/08
391 New Bridge Road
Singapore 088762

The Singapore Police will advise you of the results of your appeal within 15 days. If it is accepted you will have to forward to the SPF a full application for a Certificate of Clearance and the requested documents. Please advise our office by e-mail of the results of your appeal as well as the date your full application for a Certificate of Clearance is submitted.
Once you have notified us that your full application has been submitted to the Singapore Police Force, we will follow-up with the SPF regarding the final results, which will be forwarded directly to our office.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Btw, I received my AOR on September 4th 2012, and I got my Singapore Police Clearance Certificate request on May 2nd 2013