NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Included with application
IELTS Request
Over all 7.5 (Included with application)
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
I have applied for canadian permanent residency (PR). The occupation I listed was changed by the time I applied for PR. So I could not get my PR.
I have been a student in USA for the past 5 years.
I am loosing my student status by Dec 2010.
I got accepted to certification program in a public canadian university starting from Jan 2011 to Dec 2011.
If I apply for a student visa, is the earlier applied PR going to effect my student visa chances.
Please help.

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
not really, as long as the only ground for your PR refusal was "change in listed occupation". But you should submit a statement of purpose with your application to strenghthen your case and don't hide anything.

Cheers ;-)

A-Kit

Dec 15, 2010
I am in almost the same situation as the topic owner but my situation is more complex.
About the topic owner going for the certificate degree, are you sure that the certificate degree is acceptable for Post-Graduation work permit which can lead you later on to the PR application eligibility? If so, I would like to do this as well.

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A-Kit said:
I am in almost the same situation as the topic owner but my situation is more complex.
About the topic owner going for the certificate degree, are you sure that the certificate degree is acceptable for Post-Graduation work permit which can lead you later on to the PR application eligibility? If so, I would like to do this as well.
Yes completion of a course with duration of 2 semesters or more at post-secondary level will entitle you for PGWP with exception of English Language Courses. But remember than to qualify for immigration under Canadian Experience Class category, you will need to complete at least two years of full-time education and one year work experience (or almost two thousand hours of paid work) after graduation.

Cheers ;-)