+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Special needs teacher

Discussion in 'Caregiver Pathways' started by om saif, Aug 13, 2019.

  1. #1 om saif, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:58 AM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    hello all,
    My sis is a special needs teacher with high diploma after bachelor degree. She has been working for ten years outside Canada but she is visiting me in Canada for summer. My son got cancer last year and he has disability now. How and under what program should I apply for her
    Thank you so much
  2. First I am sorry to hear that your son has cancer I hope treatment is going well. It can be very hard to hire a family member as a caregiver because it has been used as a mean to get family members to qualify for immigration. There was a lot of abuse of the system and many actually never worked as caregivers. You will have to look at whether your sister would qualify under the new caregiver program. It would be much better if she applied to work for a family that was not related to her.
    om saif likes this.
  3. Thank you so much for your advice and kind words, I appreciate it.
  4. Please, any group chat for caregiver route?

Share This Page