+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Special characters from slavic languages

Cathou34

Apr 6, 2016
Hi all,

I am filling out the immigration forms for spousal sponsorship and the name of my husband contains some special slavic characters such as: Š, á, ú

Can anyone give me an advice if I should write my name only in English characters or use the special slavic ones?

Thank you

GG and B

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016 COPR
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
Cathou34 said:
Hi all,

I am filling out the immigration forms for spousal sponsorship and the name of my husband contains some special slavic characters such as: Š, á, ú

Can anyone give me an advice if I should write my name only in English characters or use the special slavic ones?

Thank you
My last name has a German ö in it, but I'm using only English characters for the application. But 2 times (I think) in the application they ask you for the name spelled in native language and that's where I use the actual spelling with ö.

PMA

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
I actually when you type the name in your native language I have always write down rather type, especially when the name continues such characters

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am trying to validate the Generic Application Form for Canada but my husband's name also has a special character- ž - and it is failing to validate.

It says to type the name exactly as shown on his passport and that has the character ž. So in order to validate the form, should I just put a normal z?

PMA

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
c4luu said:
I am trying to validate the Generic Application Form for Canada but my husband's name also has a special character- ž - and it is failing to validate.

It says to type the name exactly as shown on his passport and that has the character ž. So in order to validate the form, should I just put a normal z?
why don't you validate the forum they write your name. that's what I always did

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMA said:
why don't you validate the forum they write your name. that's what I always did
Okay, thanks.

I also typed up a "Note about Principal Applicant's Name" just to be safe...