+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spain VAC office - PRTD timeline

Jogan520

Jan 25, 2022
From submitting my documents to receiving my passport. It took me 8 days in total. I submitted it in Madrid and I live in Alicante.

here are the documents you need to prepare your PRTD.

• 1. If you are not in possession of a valid Permanent Resident Card, you must apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to return to Canada. Normally, you apply for a PRTD at a visa application centre (VAC). Due to COVID-19, many VACs are closed or offering limited services.
  • a. Check if your VAC is open and accepting PRTD applications before you apply. If your VAC is open and accepting applications, find out how to apply for a PRTDthrough the VAC.
  • b. You can submit your application for a PRTD by email ONLY if yourVAC is closed and/or unable to accept PRTD applications.

• 2. If your VAC is closed and/or unable to accept PRTD applications, you can apply for a PRTD by email:
  • a. Read the instruction guide to make sure you prepare a complete application.
  • b. You must submit ALL required documents in the Document Checklist.
  • i. Electronic copies(scans) must be in one of the following formats: PDF, JPG, TIFF, PNG, DOC or DOCX.
  • c. Complete, sign and scan theApplication for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (IMM 5524) form.
  • d. To avoid processing delays please ensure that:
  • i. Your passport is valid for at least 6 months.
  • ii. You submit an electronic copy of all pages of your passport(s) used in the last 5 years (including blank pages).
  • iii. You submit proof of residency in Canada (see Document Checklist)
  • f. If your PR card was lost or stolen you must submit a Solemn Declaration (IMM5451) form with your submission.
  • g. To pay your $50 PRTD fee click on this link and provide a copy of the receipt.
  • i. Select your country of residence
  • ii. Select: Permanent Residence
  • iii. Select: Permanent resident Travel Document’
  • h. Send the scanned copy of your application package by email:
  • 3. Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t
  • Process applications normally
  • Provide accurate processing times

Once a decision has been made on your application, you will be notified by e-mail how/where to submit your passport.

Please do not book your travel to Canada until after you have received your passport with your PRTD sticker.

If you have already submitted an incomplete request, or have made a mistake in your submission, but meet the above criteria, please resend all required documents and information in a single email.

For information on the Government of Canada’s travel restrictions and travel requirements, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html.

If you still need assistance, you may submit your question(s) through our webform at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx. Note: If you are submitting your question via the webform and do not know your UCI, you may enter 00000000 in the webform UCI field.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca