+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spain/ Spanish Police Certificate

knmorris85

Mar 19, 2018
Hi- my husband lived a year in Spain so needs to submit his police check.

The instructions are here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/spain.html

It says he needs a legalized copy of his passport. Is this done at the nearest Spanish Consulate (we are applying outland but are both on Vancouver Island now)? He has contacted the consulate but they didn't give us any helpful information, and the phone numbers seem to be not in service.

Does anyone know if the Vancouver consulate will do this? Does he need to make an appointment? Has anyone been through this? Thank you!

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
1 of the hardest certificate to get don't bother calling consulate you are on your own on this.

knmorris85

Mar 19, 2018
1 of the hardest certificate to get don't bother calling consulate you are on your own on this.
Ok so how does it get legalized?

Also I'm laughing because I'm not surprised that it's difficult, everything to do with Spanish consulates is difficult ahahahah

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
Well i got mine recently but cut ir short i paid around $300 to a lawyer in Spain she did everything and she sent me via dhl.

raider123

Jun 12, 2018
Well i got mine recently but cut ir short i paid around $300 to a lawyer in Spain she did everything and she sent me via dhl.
Hello,

Can you provide the lawyer contact details? will it to get Police certificate from Spain

Regards,
Raider

raider123

Jun 12, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am an Indian living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Having real tough time getting PCC from Spain (lived for 2 years in Spain).

Please correct my understanding on the below steps: (based on my understanding of CIC + Ministry of Justice, Spain)

1. Certified/verified Photo copy of Passport (only) --> this is basically to get the photocopy notarized right? (nothing else)

2. Fill 790 form

3. pay 3.74 euros via Bank Transfer --> collect the paid receipt

4. all the above 3 forms to be sent to Madrid address.

5. After PCC is done and getting the apostille from Ministry of Justice - Spain, we get back PCC hardcopy or via email from them??

6. Can i use this service for translation to English - "https://taontario.ca/translation/8/" of PCC and will i need to translate the apostille too??

Please help me through this process.

Thanks a lot.

taranbir5

Jan 29, 2018
india
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

I am from India, did anyone apply for Police clearance certificate from Spain while being in India?, please help, i need it urgently for Canadian Immigration. I did send them Passport copy, fingerprints, modelo 790 and fees in March 2018 and all but till date did not received the PCC June 21 2018
Did anyone go through this painful process?
Aybody know a lawyer in spain who can assist me in getting PCC

Last edited:

taranbir5

Jan 29, 2018
india
NOC Code......
@ Chawais, can you please tell me the name or email address of the person you worked with to get PCC, will really appreciate your help.

I

raider123

Jun 12, 2018
How will we know the status of our application after sending the docs by post??
Will ministry of justice email us? Can anyone advice on this please?

Raider

taranbir5

Jan 29, 2018
india
NOC Code......
How will we know the status of our application after sending the docs by post??
Will ministry of justice email us? Can anyone advice on this please?

Raider
Man at god speed, i sent my documents in march but never got it back or any response from them, now ill try using third party agent who can help me, this is expensive thing.

qdre

Sep 4, 2018
Man at god speed, i sent my documents in march but never got it back or any response from them, now ill try using third party agent who can help me, this is expensive thing.
Hey,

Did you get your Spanish police certificate? Did you use a third party agent?

Thanks

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Can somebody please tell me how you got your police certificate without using a lawyer? I would really appreciate it. Or if you have successfully completed the police certificate on your own please let me know how you did it and the process. It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Abiep

Aug 19, 2021
Can somebody please tell me how you got your police certificate without using a lawyer? I would really appreciate it. Or if you have successfully completed the police certificate on your own please let me know how you did it and the process. It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Hi,
Any inputs?