+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SP and SOWP applying together recommended or not?

karishma90

Sep 7, 2020
Hi

So my husband got admission for Jan 2022 intake for an MBA in Canada and we were keen to apply for his SP along with my SOWP together. However we have been getting mixed reviews on the same.

Please note the following:
1) Admission letter - July 2021
2) Medicals test done - Sept 2021
3) GIC purchased for 14,000 CAD - Sept 2021
4) Tuition fees paid - letter from college awaited
5) both of us have our bank accounts and sufficient funds in both. - Approx 30 Lakhs each available.
6) Applying from India via Student direct stream

We have complied all documents including financials, Assets, Study plan, financial plan and Letter of explanation.

Looking forward to recommendations if we should go ahead and apply together or is it best to first apply for SP and then apply for SOWP later.

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I don't see any reason to apply first for the SP and then for SOWP.
I applied in 2019 for SP and SOWP at the same time, with just one letter of explanation, only one financial documents (both accounts in the same document), and etc. It was approved smoothly and it wasn't required any additional documents.

karishma90

Sep 7, 2020
I don't see any reason to apply first for the SP and then for SOWP.
I applied in 2019 for SP and SOWP at the same time, with just one letter of explanation, only one financial documents (both accounts in the same document), and etc. It was approved smoothly and it wasn't required any additional documents.
Thanks for your positive response. That really helps me feel better.

In the letter how did you elaborate spouse purpose of visit and ties to home country.