+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sowp

johal1992

Mar 17, 2020
i applied sowp 12feb 2020 immigration submission application and today current status processing and how much process time my application????

Reactions: Sandeep055

Rjlehal

Sep 24, 2019
i applied sowp 12feb 2020 immigration submission application and today current status processing and how much process time my application????
I also applied on feb 28 from india with upfront medical, still no update even medical is not passed still in processing yet.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Submitted file on 16th March. I am not even able to link my application to cic account.

Do they process online application faster than paper based application?

I have seen many applicants who have submitted paper based application and received decision after 2-3 months while online application receive decision in 5 week or so (It's just my observation as one of my friend submitted his application online in first week of Feb, he received positive decision till last week of Feb and he's now in Canada).
All immigration applications are likely to take a lot longer due to the COVID situation so what happened previously is not relevant at the moment, you will just have to be patient . Also even in a normal situation cannot compare how long someone elses application took to process given every application is unique.

As for online versus paper sure IRCC prefer online so you could assume an online application generally get ahead of a paper purely by fact is online. but not necessarily because gets higher priority if received same day. If you check any processing times online generally have a lower average process time than paper, although quoted times at the moment are meaningless due to COVID