+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Visa Timelines - Is it getting delayed?

Feb 29, 2024
Hi all,
I submitted my SOWP application from India on March 6th, 2024, and my biometrics were completed and updated on the portal on March 12th, 2024. However, I haven't received the medical request letter yet. It is showing -

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • March 12, 2024 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm reaching out to inquire if anyone else is experiencing a similar delay, or if this is specific to my case. My husband is on study permit and his classes commenced on 6th September 2023.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
I submitted my SOWP application from India on March 6th, 2024, and my biometrics were completed and updated on the portal on March 12th, 2024. However, I haven't received the medical request letter yet. It is showing -

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • March 12, 2024 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm reaching out to inquire if anyone else is experiencing a similar delay, or if this is specific to my case. My husband is on study permit and his classes commenced on 6th September 2023.
No delays if you applied in March as processing from India is around 20 weeks.

Reactions: simran_rajhans